Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor F-M
Fujitsu Ten’s 307PA speaker systems, covered previously on iLounge but still not widely available in the United States, are amongst the most beautiful (and most expensive) we’ve seen. Retailing for $500 in Japan, the system is futuristically beautiful in a decidedly Griffin-esque way, with bubbly speakers and a unique metal and plastic amplifier.
Griffin’s AirTouch remote control, previously mentioned on iLounge, actually controls photo playback on the iPod photo, unlike Apple’s own Remote. And its BlueTrip Bluetooth audio system looks sharp, plus sounded pretty good on the show floor. Like most (but not all) of the Bluetooth accessories we’ve seen, it seems to be made mostly for use in a home or office.
JBL’s new Encounter speaker system ($199) evolves our favorite Creature speakers and promises even better sound in an equally alien, white rounded plastic body.
Macally’s ultraportable PodWave speaker system is being enhanced to respond to consumer demands for even more horsepower. The company also showed an impressive white and clear plastic modular three-piece speaker and dock system for the iPod mini: stack the speakers and dock on top of each other, separate two of the three, or separate all three. A very cool idea, visually executed well.
Macmice’s Podbuddy ($99.99) FM transmitter/gooseneck mount for vehicles is still in the works, and looked good on the show floor. More interestingly, its prototype JamPod ($49.99) will let you connect an electric guitar to the iPod and mix their audio signals through a headphone/stereo jack so that you can play along with your favorite songs.
iPod armor makers Matias showed iPod armor 4G and mischievously hinted at an upcoming iPod shuffle accessory that’s “not what you’d expect.”
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12