Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor F-M
Fujitsu Ten’s 307PA speaker systems, covered previously on iLounge but still not widely available in the United States, are amongst the most beautiful (and most expensive) we’ve seen. Retailing for $500 in Japan, the system is futuristically beautiful in a decidedly Griffin-esque way, with bubbly speakers and a unique metal and plastic amplifier.
Griffin’s AirTouch remote control, previously mentioned on iLounge, actually controls photo playback on the iPod photo, unlike Apple’s own Remote. And its BlueTrip Bluetooth audio system looks sharp, plus sounded pretty good on the show floor. Like most (but not all) of the Bluetooth accessories we’ve seen, it seems to be made mostly for use in a home or office.
JBL’s new Encounter speaker system ($199) evolves our favorite Creature speakers and promises even better sound in an equally alien, white rounded plastic body.
Macally’s ultraportable PodWave speaker system is being enhanced to respond to consumer demands for even more horsepower. The company also showed an impressive white and clear plastic modular three-piece speaker and dock system for the iPod mini: stack the speakers and dock on top of each other, separate two of the three, or separate all three. A very cool idea, visually executed well.
Macmice’s Podbuddy ($99.99) FM transmitter/gooseneck mount for vehicles is still in the works, and looked good on the show floor. More interestingly, its prototype JamPod ($49.99) will let you connect an electric guitar to the iPod and mix their audio signals through a headphone/stereo jack so that you can play along with your favorite songs.
iPod armor makers Matias showed iPod armor 4G and mischievously hinted at an upcoming iPod shuffle accessory that’s “not what you’d expect.”
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Braven intros new speakers at CES, including the BRV-XXL and BRV-BLADE LE
- PhotoFast introduces MemoriesCable 1M
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!