Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor F-M
Fujitsu Ten’s 307PA speaker systems, covered previously on iLounge but still not widely available in the United States, are amongst the most beautiful (and most expensive) we’ve seen. Retailing for $500 in Japan, the system is futuristically beautiful in a decidedly Griffin-esque way, with bubbly speakers and a unique metal and plastic amplifier.
Griffin’s AirTouch remote control, previously mentioned on iLounge, actually controls photo playback on the iPod photo, unlike Apple’s own Remote. And its BlueTrip Bluetooth audio system looks sharp, plus sounded pretty good on the show floor. Like most (but not all) of the Bluetooth accessories we’ve seen, it seems to be made mostly for use in a home or office.
JBL’s new Encounter speaker system ($199) evolves our favorite Creature speakers and promises even better sound in an equally alien, white rounded plastic body.
Macally’s ultraportable PodWave speaker system is being enhanced to respond to consumer demands for even more horsepower. The company also showed an impressive white and clear plastic modular three-piece speaker and dock system for the iPod mini: stack the speakers and dock on top of each other, separate two of the three, or separate all three. A very cool idea, visually executed well.
Macmice’s Podbuddy ($99.99) FM transmitter/gooseneck mount for vehicles is still in the works, and looked good on the show floor. More interestingly, its prototype JamPod ($49.99) will let you connect an electric guitar to the iPod and mix their audio signals through a headphone/stereo jack so that you can play along with your favorite songs.
iPod armor makers Matias showed iPod armor 4G and mischievously hinted at an upcoming iPod shuffle accessory that’s “not what you’d expect.”
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac