Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor F-M
Fujitsu Ten’s 307PA speaker systems, covered previously on iLounge but still not widely available in the United States, are amongst the most beautiful (and most expensive) we’ve seen. Retailing for $500 in Japan, the system is futuristically beautiful in a decidedly Griffin-esque way, with bubbly speakers and a unique metal and plastic amplifier.
Griffin’s AirTouch remote control, previously mentioned on iLounge, actually controls photo playback on the iPod photo, unlike Apple’s own Remote. And its BlueTrip Bluetooth audio system looks sharp, plus sounded pretty good on the show floor. Like most (but not all) of the Bluetooth accessories we’ve seen, it seems to be made mostly for use in a home or office.
JBL’s new Encounter speaker system ($199) evolves our favorite Creature speakers and promises even better sound in an equally alien, white rounded plastic body.
Macally’s ultraportable PodWave speaker system is being enhanced to respond to consumer demands for even more horsepower. The company also showed an impressive white and clear plastic modular three-piece speaker and dock system for the iPod mini: stack the speakers and dock on top of each other, separate two of the three, or separate all three. A very cool idea, visually executed well.
Macmice’s Podbuddy ($99.99) FM transmitter/gooseneck mount for vehicles is still in the works, and looked good on the show floor. More interestingly, its prototype JamPod ($49.99) will let you connect an electric guitar to the iPod and mix their audio signals through a headphone/stereo jack so that you can play along with your favorite songs.
iPod armor makers Matias showed iPod armor 4G and mischievously hinted at an upcoming iPod shuffle accessory that’s “not what you’d expect.”
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?