Macworld: iSkin shows off mixed | iLounge News

Macworld: iSkin shows off mixed

pic At Macworld Expo in San Francisco today, iLounge spotted new iSkin mixed color silicone eVo2 cases with additional new twists: a plastic pop-in Click Wheel control protector, and co-branding with famous recording artists such as the Chemical Brothers and numerous professional sports teams, including the entire NBA. These special edition eVo2 cases will be offered in team colors and feature team graphics on their Click Wheel protectors.

iSkin also previewed a new version of its eVo case, featuring an exclusive anodized aluminum clip system that integrates beautifully with the rubber case body. Better yet, the company has reengineered its upcoming case bottoms to permit easier Dock Connector access, addressing a key iLounge concern in past reviews, and plans to roll out legitimately improved plastic belt Revoclips for upcoming eVo cases as well.

« Made for iPod: the safety badge we’ve hoped for?

Shure unveils E4c sound isolating earphones »

Comments

Gee, where did they get that idea…

Posted by stark23x on January 12, 2005 at 1:57 AM (PDT)

Its a shame that iPodlounge refuses to post news about the progress made by ####.  I know of the confilcts and about what both #### has done and said.  I agree with iPodlounge on most points of the reasons why they will not post about ####’s products, but I believe that iPodlounge should post about the products progress as it is important for the iPodlounge community to see the options they have.  I am not saying post about sales that #### has, but rather purely about the cases that they have started to produce.  I am saddened that the iPodlounge team will not present the progress that has been made by the #### factory.

Posted by Mijman2 on January 12, 2005 at 4:10 AM (PDT)

While they are at it, they can also report on ####’s abysmal service. I won’t get into it, but I have ordered their fine products several times and 50% of those orders have been full of major hassles. I will refrain from it in the future even though I like their products.

Posted by zpick on January 12, 2005 at 6:27 AM (PDT)

This mixed case is a poorly excecuted rip off of ####’s art cases. I find it sad that a company that has tried so hard to distance themselves from #### and his business continues to feed off of his innovation. If you want to see cool designs I recomend you go over to his website he has some intersting new skins like: american flag, dalmation, zebra, dairy cow, and now some with flowers. Call me a fanboy call me what you will but I call it as I see it.

Aside from that the plastic cover for the click wheel is cool, and I like the idea of adding logos and things to them. Teaming up with artists gices them a new dimension I would but a click wheel cover if it had my favorite band on it.

Posted by vanillamike on January 12, 2005 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

So who/what is #### and what is his website address?

Posted by Islareina in Missouri on January 12, 2005 at 4:24 PM (PDT)

#### was initially partnered with iSkin to create the infamous eXo.  However, their business relationship disolved over time and they are now two seperate comapanies both creating iPod skins.

iSkin is based out of Toronto Canada, and #### is based out of China. Once major difference between the two companies is that #### creates his cases in house (he owns a factory) while iSkin imports them.  This is how #### is able to make such a large cariety of designs and colours.

####’s website is [url=http://www.####.com]http://www.####.com[/url] or [url=http://www.####.biz]http://www.####.biz[/url] they both go to the same place.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Posted by vanillamike on January 12, 2005 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

Is there any indication on a release date for any of the new Iskin products yet ??

Posted by Mentaleruptions on January 12, 2005 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Thanks, VanillaMike for the info.

I’m with the above poster—when can we expect these new mixed color and sports team skins?

Posted by Islareina in Missouri on January 14, 2005 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

I WANT ONE… where and when can i get one!!!

Posted by Bnanaz on January 18, 2005 at 3:56 PM (PDT)

I WANT ONE… where and when can i get one!!!

Posted by Bnanaz on January 18, 2005 at 3:56 PM (PDT)

Just got a reply from Iskin:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.
The new WILD SIDE and RED ALERT skins are to be launched on Friday.
check [url=http://www.iskin.com]http://www.iskin.com[/url] for the latest updates.

Regards,

Matt LaForge
iSkin Customer Service

Roll on Friday smile

Posted by Mentaleruptions on January 19, 2005 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

Just got a reply from Iskin:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.
The new WILD SIDE and RED ALERT skins are to be launched on Friday.

Regards,

Matt LaForge
iSkin Customer Service

Roll on Friday smile

Posted by Mentaleruptions on January 19, 2005 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

The #### site is so hard to navigate… and where is the new iSkin mixed designs?
iSkin is offering free Wheel Cap, two free Audible.com downloads, plus a free travel pouch accessory with purchase of an eVo2.  Sounds like a good deal for $30!

Posted by imdaShiy on January 21, 2005 at 1:11 PM (PDT)