Macworld: New Apple iPod mini announced
In the final part of his Keynote speech today at MWSF Steve Jobs related how the Apple had sold 730,000 iPods and had propelled Apple to over 2 million iPods sold in total. In Oct/Nov Apple had taken 31% of the entire market share of MP3 players, 55% share of revenue and it was now Number 1 in units and revenue.
He announced that the 10GB iPod would be replaced by a 15GB model selling at the same price of $299.
Also Apple has released a pair of In-ear headphones selling at $39 and they are available from today. (These look very similar to the Sony EX71SL’s)
Today Apple launch the second member of the iPod family - the iPod mini. This will have a
4GB HD storage capacity
Hold 1000 songs
0.5 inches thick
Size of a business card
It will use the same award winning interface as its big brother but will feature a new solid state “clickwheel” with function buttons moved under the wheel. The iPod mini Click Wheel gives you the enhanced durability and sensitivity of the iPod Touch Wheel. The Click Wheel takes best advantage of miniscule space and lets you scroll single handedly though your songs. Like its (slightly) bigger brother, iPod mini gives you over 25 minutes of skip protection and lasts up to 8 hours on a single battery charge.
It will use the familiar top controls of the 3G iPod and the Apple docking port on the base. It will come complete with a Firewire and USB cable, belt clip, Dock and armband.
The finish is anodised aluminum and a range of colours will be available -
These new iPods will start to ship in the US in February and Worldwide in April.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?