Macworld UK: ‘Two-month wait’ for UK iPods | iLounge News

Macworld UK: ‘Two-month wait’ for UK iPods

“All iPod configurations remain available on the UK Apple Store, although there is a two to three week waiting time.

An Apple spokesman said: “There is heavy demand for iPods, and the company is doing everything it can to keep up with this”.”

« Reuters: Microsoft, OD2 Launch Europe Online Music Service

Incase offers 50% off products »

Comments

I am not at all surprised at this news, I’ve been trying for weeks and weeks to get hold of an iPod.  In the end I’ve ordered it from the US and its coming over with a relative when she visits in September!  Got the dispatch note from Target.com just 5 minutes before reading this….seems the US doesn’t have any trouble.  Isn’t that always the way?

Roll on September!

Posted by Jonathon on August 14, 2003 at 1:22 PM (CDT)

Huh?

I ordered mine 3 days ago and it shipped last night. What are you talking about?

Posted by Chris Matchett on August 14, 2003 at 1:26 PM (CDT)

ooooh resellers have to wait… I see
Apples fault for making more work for themselves by producing volume limited versions then eh ;-)

Posted by Chris Matchett on August 14, 2003 at 1:27 PM (CDT)

Are you kidding?  Where did you manage that from????!!

Posted by Jonathon on August 14, 2003 at 1:27 PM (CDT)

Hehe, I got mine before all the delivery problems started, about a week after the US launch.

mmm, iPod.

Stefan

Posted by Stefan on August 14, 2003 at 3:08 PM (CDT)

I ordered direct from Apple - it’s just the shops having trouble getting stock (although the story seems to infer that John Lewis are better off than most)

Posted by Chris Matchett on August 14, 2003 at 3:13 PM (CDT)

Mine just arrived from microwarehouse.co.uk after about a month’s wait.

Posted by Dan O'Sullivan on August 15, 2003 at 3:49 AM (CDT)

I ordered from the apple store on June 22nd and it arrived on tuesday this week.

They also cancelled my USB cable as they had shortages of those and shipped the iPod without it.  Luckily it still arrived at the same time so I didn’t have to sit looking at my new toy with no way of getting music on it!

Posted by Jon Evans on August 15, 2003 at 5:29 AM (CDT)

Well I’ll be getting mine in September it looks like - US one though.  At least it’ll not be volume capped.  And saved a bit of money so I can get the USB cable & UK power adaptor from Apple UK.  Is there a shortage of cables too then???!!

Posted by Jonathon on August 15, 2003 at 11:56 AM (CDT)