Macworld: XtremeMac Announces SportWrap for iPod Armband
XtremeMac has announced a new case for the active iPod user. The SportWrap is an adjustable, neoprene arm band featuring the SportWrap case to hold the iPod, earphone holder and includes an extension for larger arms. The complete package sells at a suggested retail price of $29.95 U.S., and will debut at XtremeMac’s Macworld Expo Booth #2137 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center, January 6th through 10th, 2004, and will be available from our website, in Apple retail stores, at The Apple Store online and through their network of national and international resellers and distributors following Macworld.
XtremeMac Announces the SportWrap iPod Armband
The First True Sport Case
San Francisco, CA - MacWorld Expo - January 6th, 2004 - XtremeMac, the premier accessory manufacturer for Apple Computer’s iPod, is proud to announce the SportWrap iPod Armband, the first true sports case designed specifically for the active iPod user. The SportWrap iPod Armband is the first true sports case designed specifically for the active iPod user. Whether riding a bike, jogging, running or working out, the SportWrap iPod Armband allows the user to enjoy high quality audio without the skips, bounces and other maladies previously associated with so-called “sport cases.”
XtremeMac designed the SportWrap from the ground up specifically to meet the needs of the active iPod user. Fit and function were paramount to the design, which starts with putting the iPod in the ideal location for minimizing iPod motion while maximizing usability. As a result, your iPod doesn’t get in the way of your exercise, and your exercise doesn’t get in the way of your music!
The SportWrap is made from Neoprene, a durable, water resistant, washable material that breathes and flexes with the user. The comfortable armband is adjustable to fit almost all users, extremely easy to take on and off, and comes with an extension for larger arms. SportWrap is designed to go on either arm, and is able to hold the iPod in either vertical orientation, giving the user maximum flexibility. The play-through cover protects the iPod from moisture and the elements while allowing the user complete operation of all iPod functions. There is even a convenient place to store excess earbud cord safely out of the way of moving arms and legs.
“We designed SportWrap to do one thing, and to do it perfectly,” says Gary Bart, President and CEO of XtremeMac. “We researched all of the problems associated with sports type cases and designed the SportWrap to effectively eliminate them. One key was to place the iPod where it can be easily seen and controlled, while at the same time being in a place that minimized shock and vibration. We also wanted to insure that it was protected from moisture and didn’t get in the way of the activity itself. Once we had the functionality and fit down, we then made sure that the SportWrap maintained the style and clean design that XtremeMac is known for.”
The XtremeMac SportWrap is the ultimate iPod sports accessory, and its look is as distinctive as the iPod itself. It is an ultra-sleek, form-fitting fashion accessory for the active music enthusiast who demands a perfect combination of style and function. SportWrap is also very soft and comfortable, specifically designed for extended wear.
The SportWrap works with all iPods, and includes:
� SportWrap Case
� Extension for larger arms
The complete package sells at a suggested retail price of $29.95 U.S., and will debut at XtremeMac’s MacWorld Expo Booth #2137 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center, January 6th through 10th, 2004, and will be available from our website, in Apple retail stores, at The Apple Store at http://store.Apple.com, and through our network of national and international resellers and distributors following MacWorld.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Report: iOS 8 anti-tracking features more limited than initially publicized
- Video Review: Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Report: Same manager in charge of iOS 8.0.1 and Apple Maps releases
- Apple releases iOS 8.0.2 (Updated)
- Apple says only nine customers have complained about bending iPhones
- Report: Apple was aware of iCloud security hole in March
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- PureGear DualTek Extreme Shock Case, HIP Case+ and Slim Shell for iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Leather and Silicone Cases
- X-Doria Defense 720 / Scene Grip / Scene Plus for iPhone 6
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels