Macworld: XtremeMac Announces SportWrap for iPod Armband
XtremeMac has announced a new case for the active iPod user. The SportWrap is an adjustable, neoprene arm band featuring the SportWrap case to hold the iPod, earphone holder and includes an extension for larger arms. The complete package sells at a suggested retail price of $29.95 U.S., and will debut at XtremeMac’s Macworld Expo Booth #2137 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center, January 6th through 10th, 2004, and will be available from our website, in Apple retail stores, at The Apple Store online and through their network of national and international resellers and distributors following Macworld.
XtremeMac Announces the SportWrap iPod Armband
The First True Sport Case
San Francisco, CA - MacWorld Expo - January 6th, 2004 - XtremeMac, the premier accessory manufacturer for Apple Computer’s iPod, is proud to announce the SportWrap iPod Armband, the first true sports case designed specifically for the active iPod user. The SportWrap iPod Armband is the first true sports case designed specifically for the active iPod user. Whether riding a bike, jogging, running or working out, the SportWrap iPod Armband allows the user to enjoy high quality audio without the skips, bounces and other maladies previously associated with so-called “sport cases.”
XtremeMac designed the SportWrap from the ground up specifically to meet the needs of the active iPod user. Fit and function were paramount to the design, which starts with putting the iPod in the ideal location for minimizing iPod motion while maximizing usability. As a result, your iPod doesn’t get in the way of your exercise, and your exercise doesn’t get in the way of your music!
The SportWrap is made from Neoprene, a durable, water resistant, washable material that breathes and flexes with the user. The comfortable armband is adjustable to fit almost all users, extremely easy to take on and off, and comes with an extension for larger arms. SportWrap is designed to go on either arm, and is able to hold the iPod in either vertical orientation, giving the user maximum flexibility. The play-through cover protects the iPod from moisture and the elements while allowing the user complete operation of all iPod functions. There is even a convenient place to store excess earbud cord safely out of the way of moving arms and legs.
“We designed SportWrap to do one thing, and to do it perfectly,” says Gary Bart, President and CEO of XtremeMac. “We researched all of the problems associated with sports type cases and designed the SportWrap to effectively eliminate them. One key was to place the iPod where it can be easily seen and controlled, while at the same time being in a place that minimized shock and vibration. We also wanted to insure that it was protected from moisture and didn’t get in the way of the activity itself. Once we had the functionality and fit down, we then made sure that the SportWrap maintained the style and clean design that XtremeMac is known for.”
The XtremeMac SportWrap is the ultimate iPod sports accessory, and its look is as distinctive as the iPod itself. It is an ultra-sleek, form-fitting fashion accessory for the active music enthusiast who demands a perfect combination of style and function. SportWrap is also very soft and comfortable, specifically designed for extended wear.
The SportWrap works with all iPods, and includes:
� SportWrap Case
� Extension for larger arms
The complete package sells at a suggested retail price of $29.95 U.S., and will debut at XtremeMac’s MacWorld Expo Booth #2137 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center, January 6th through 10th, 2004, and will be available from our website, in Apple retail stores, at The Apple Store at http://store.Apple.com, and through our network of national and international resellers and distributors following MacWorld.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks