Marware announces new iPod mini cases
The SportSuit Runabout ($29.95) is a small, lighweight Neoprene case for wearing the mini on the wrist like a watch. The Runabout features an all-access design, screen protection, adjustable wrist strap, and cord management for earbuds. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Safari ($19.95) is a line of pouch type cases featuring a quick-release lanyard and exotic, fuzzy animal patterns in panther (black), polar bear, giraffe, flamingo, lion and leopard. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Basic ($19.95) for iPod mini is a smaller version of Marware’s current Basic case for iPod featuring the Multidapt clip system, plastic inserts in back for protection, 2mm neoprene, lined interior and access to headphone and ‘Hold’ switch. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Convertible ($39.95) for the iPod mini features a removable molded front cover, clear plastic screen protection, access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel, a grommet for cable syncing while in the case, and a pocket for headphones, or other small accessories. The SportSuit Convertible is available in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The SportSuit Sleeve ($19.95) features 2mm neoprene, plastic inserts - front and back, lined interior, Multidapt clip system with attachments for belt, bike, or auto, side straps for arm and shoulder strap attachments and comes in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold. Expected to ship by Feb. 16.
Marware™, a major manufacturer of Apple iPod accessories and makers of the popular Sportsuit Convertible™, is pleased to announce the latest additions to the Sportsuit™ lineup: the Sportsuit Basic, the Sportsuit Convertible, the Sportsuit Sleeve, the Sportsuit Runabout, and the Sportsuit Safari– all specifically designed for the new iPod Mini.
Marware’s Sportsuit line is constructed of rugged, high-tech and lightweight neoprene and offer exceptional protection for the iPod “on the go”. Several of these cases are our traditional iPod cases redesigned for the iPod Mini, however, there are two brand new additions to the Sportsuit family-the all new Sportsuit Runabout, and the new Sportsuit Safari line.
The SportSuit Runabout is a comfortable, light-weight wristband case that lets you wear your iPod mini like a watch. Unlike armband or belt-clip cases, this patent-pending design offers easy access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel. Cord management bands on the sides hold your earphones when not in use. It features a 2mm vulcanized neoprene exterior, an adjustable wrist strap, a plastic screen protector providing wheel access, easy access to the headphone jack, a back opening slit for inserting the mini and cord management bands for running headphone and remote cables through. The SportSuit Runabout is available in black.
The SportSuit Safari offers more fashionable protection for the iPod Mini on the prowl. This case will allow you to show your wild side. There is a print for every mood. It features a removable, quick-release lanyard, fuzzy neoprene construction in animal prints, a lined interior to prevent scratches, openings at the top to give you access to the earphone jack and hold button and belt loop and D-ring attachments. The SportSuit Safari is available in panther(black), polar bear, giraffe, flamingo, lion and leopard. This case is the perfect complement for all the iPod Mini animals out there.
The SportSuit Basic offers sleek protection for your new investment, the iPod mini. Use the included clip to wear it on your belt or use one of our patented mounting options to use the case on your bike or car. It features include a removable low-profile belt clip, 2mm neoprene construction, plastic inserts in back to protect against impacts, a lined interior to prevent scratches, openings at the top to give you access to the earphone jack and hold button and it uses the patented Multidapt® interchangeable clip system. The SportSuit Basic is available in black.
The SportSuit Convertible is the ultimate sports case for the iPod mini offering rugged protection for the truly active user. The patented clip system offers interchangeable clip options. Using the included armband or optional belt make it ideal for jogging or exercising. The Convertible features a removable molded front cover, clear plastic screen protection, access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel, a grommet for cable syncing while in the case, and a pocket for headphones, or other small accessories. The SportSuit Convertible is available in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold.
The SportSuit Sleeve features a 2mm neoprene exterior with vulcanized sides and a small stretchable front pocket for earphones. It contains plastic inserts in front and back to protect the iPod Mini from impact. The interior is fully lined with plush fabric to avoid scratching. The patented clip system offers interchangeable clip options including a variety of belt clips, bike and car holders. This case also features side straps for belt or shoulder strap attachments. The SportSuit Sleeve comes in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold.
The Sportsuit Sleeves will be available in limited quantities beginning Monday, Feb. 16, 2004 and priced at $19.95.
The Sportsuit Safari, Convertible, Basic and Runabout are currently in production. While a firm release date is not yet available, tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February with pricing as follows:
Sportsuit Safari for iPod Mini- $19.95
Sportsuit Basic for iPod Mini- $19.95
Sportsuit Convertible for iPod Mini- $39.95
Sportsuit Runabout for iPod Mini- $29.95
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Apple launches environmental responsibility campaign
- Apple TV adds A&E, History, Lifetime channels
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac