Marware announces new iPod mini cases
The SportSuit Runabout ($29.95) is a small, lighweight Neoprene case for wearing the mini on the wrist like a watch. The Runabout features an all-access design, screen protection, adjustable wrist strap, and cord management for earbuds. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Safari ($19.95) is a line of pouch type cases featuring a quick-release lanyard and exotic, fuzzy animal patterns in panther (black), polar bear, giraffe, flamingo, lion and leopard. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Basic ($19.95) for iPod mini is a smaller version of Marware’s current Basic case for iPod featuring the Multidapt clip system, plastic inserts in back for protection, 2mm neoprene, lined interior and access to headphone and ‘Hold’ switch. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The Sportsuit Convertible ($39.95) for the iPod mini features a removable molded front cover, clear plastic screen protection, access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel, a grommet for cable syncing while in the case, and a pocket for headphones, or other small accessories. The SportSuit Convertible is available in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold. Tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February.
The SportSuit Sleeve ($19.95) features 2mm neoprene, plastic inserts - front and back, lined interior, Multidapt clip system with attachments for belt, bike, or auto, side straps for arm and shoulder strap attachments and comes in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold. Expected to ship by Feb. 16.
Marware™, a major manufacturer of Apple iPod accessories and makers of the popular Sportsuit Convertible™, is pleased to announce the latest additions to the Sportsuit™ lineup: the Sportsuit Basic, the Sportsuit Convertible, the Sportsuit Sleeve, the Sportsuit Runabout, and the Sportsuit Safari– all specifically designed for the new iPod Mini.
Marware’s Sportsuit line is constructed of rugged, high-tech and lightweight neoprene and offer exceptional protection for the iPod “on the go”. Several of these cases are our traditional iPod cases redesigned for the iPod Mini, however, there are two brand new additions to the Sportsuit family-the all new Sportsuit Runabout, and the new Sportsuit Safari line.
The SportSuit Runabout is a comfortable, light-weight wristband case that lets you wear your iPod mini like a watch. Unlike armband or belt-clip cases, this patent-pending design offers easy access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel. Cord management bands on the sides hold your earphones when not in use. It features a 2mm vulcanized neoprene exterior, an adjustable wrist strap, a plastic screen protector providing wheel access, easy access to the headphone jack, a back opening slit for inserting the mini and cord management bands for running headphone and remote cables through. The SportSuit Runabout is available in black.
The SportSuit Safari offers more fashionable protection for the iPod Mini on the prowl. This case will allow you to show your wild side. There is a print for every mood. It features a removable, quick-release lanyard, fuzzy neoprene construction in animal prints, a lined interior to prevent scratches, openings at the top to give you access to the earphone jack and hold button and belt loop and D-ring attachments. The SportSuit Safari is available in panther(black), polar bear, giraffe, flamingo, lion and leopard. This case is the perfect complement for all the iPod Mini animals out there.
The SportSuit Basic offers sleek protection for your new investment, the iPod mini. Use the included clip to wear it on your belt or use one of our patented mounting options to use the case on your bike or car. It features include a removable low-profile belt clip, 2mm neoprene construction, plastic inserts in back to protect against impacts, a lined interior to prevent scratches, openings at the top to give you access to the earphone jack and hold button and it uses the patented Multidapt® interchangeable clip system. The SportSuit Basic is available in black.
The SportSuit Convertible is the ultimate sports case for the iPod mini offering rugged protection for the truly active user. The patented clip system offers interchangeable clip options. Using the included armband or optional belt make it ideal for jogging or exercising. The Convertible features a removable molded front cover, clear plastic screen protection, access to the mini’s screen and jog wheel, a grommet for cable syncing while in the case, and a pocket for headphones, or other small accessories. The SportSuit Convertible is available in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold.
The SportSuit Sleeve features a 2mm neoprene exterior with vulcanized sides and a small stretchable front pocket for earphones. It contains plastic inserts in front and back to protect the iPod Mini from impact. The interior is fully lined with plush fabric to avoid scratching. The patented clip system offers interchangeable clip options including a variety of belt clips, bike and car holders. This case also features side straps for belt or shoulder strap attachments. The SportSuit Sleeve comes in black, graphite, blue, pink, green and gold.
The Sportsuit Sleeves will be available in limited quantities beginning Monday, Feb. 16, 2004 and priced at $19.95.
The Sportsuit Safari, Convertible, Basic and Runabout are currently in production. While a firm release date is not yet available, tentative availability is scheduled for the third or fourth week of February with pricing as follows:
Sportsuit Safari for iPod Mini- $19.95
Sportsuit Basic for iPod Mini- $19.95
Sportsuit Convertible for iPod Mini- $39.95
Sportsuit Runabout for iPod Mini- $29.95
- Scosche debuts smartRoll Bluetooth gaming dice
- Bose debuts QuietComfort 20 earphones, SoundLink Mini speaker
- Cannon Security Products debuts RadioVault speaker/drawer
- Media invited to iLounge NYC at CE Week 2013
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- iOS 7 shown on iPad through emulator
- Photo leak shows Logitech iOS controller
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, June giveaway reminder
- Apple site reveals iOS 7 for iPad, alternate icons
- Apple’s Cue: Jobs needed convincing on iBooks
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof FrÄ“ for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Sol Republic Master Tracks
- Beats Electronics Beats Executive
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking
- iOS 7: Maps, Passbook, Compass + Notes