Marware debuts Nike-compatible Sportsuit Relay | iLounge News

Marware debuts Nike-compatible Sportsuit Relay

image

Marware today announced the new Sportsuit Relay combo accessory pack for owners of the the Nike+iPod Sport Kit. The $30 set includes Marware’s previously announced Sportsuit Sensor+ pouch for the Nike+iPod Sport Kit sensor along with a new wrist/armband case designed specifically to accommodate the iPod nano and the Sport Kit receiver. Both feature neoprene and rubber construction, and the wrist/armband comes with an optional extension piece and sports a play-through protector window.

image

« Podfitness, Marware team up

4Flix.net offers new plan, notes ‘6th generation Video iPod’ »

Comments

This is exactly what I need—hopefully it will protect the Nike receiver from sweat. I’ve already ruined a receiver due to sweat (my Nano works fine).

Posted by Mel Marcelo on September 8, 2006 at 12:48 PM (CDT)

I like this idea also.  Now I don’t have to purchase all that Nike stuff to go along with the Nike+ sport kit.

Posted by clifford on September 8, 2006 at 10:32 PM (CDT)

Now do I get this or the Griffin Tempo? I think I like the Griffin construction more, but this comes with the Nike+ accessories…

Posted by Rob on September 8, 2006 at 11:16 PM (CDT)

Does anyone know the release date?

Posted by Tom on September 10, 2006 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

Well the Griffin Tempo is an armband. It also does not seem to have space for the transmitter.  I use the original Sportsuit which makes the Nano into a large watch.  Thus one can adjust it, look at it, change music or podcasts, etc.—I use it now with the transmitter sticking out, but am thrilled I will have this version when it hits the store. Great product I have worn on nearly every solo run, now improved.

Posted by Michael Edelstein on September 11, 2006 at 10:39 AM (CDT)

I ordered this and got it last week. It works great. I used velcro before and that didn’t always stay synced up. With this it has worked just fine everytime I have used it. Highly recommend at least getting the Sportsuit Sensor for your shoe.

Posted by Brent on October 3, 2006 at 8:11 PM (CDT)

Has anyone tried this out?  Does the Nike+ sensor still accurately measure the distance you run?

Posted by Jake on November 16, 2006 at 2:10 AM (CST)