Marware intros Runabout wristband for 2G iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Marware intros Runabout wristband for 2G iPod shuffle

image

Marware has introduced the Sportsuit Runabout for Apple’s second-generation iPod shuffle. The wristband sport case lets you wear your shuffle like a watch, or use an included extension piece to convert it to an armband. Made with Marware’s Orca Skin neoprene and rubber material, the shuffle clips on and off the Sportsuit Runabout and offers access to the headphone port and switches. The Sportsuit Runabout sells for $15.

« Nike+iPod Sport Kit could be used as surveillance device

Griffin ships iTalk Pro recorder »

Comments

This is silly. Why not just clip it to a sweatband or to your watch? Or on your shorts, shirt, pretty much anywhere except onto a $15 add-on.

Posted by afolpe on November 30, 2006 at 11:35 AM (CST)

because you’ll be cool.

Posted by cool dude on November 30, 2006 at 12:36 PM (CST)

This just makes me want an iWatch really bad…with bluetooth so that the earbuds would be wireless.

Now how cool would that be??

Posted by PodFather on November 30, 2006 at 1:23 PM (CST)

Wow…what a great idea…it’s not easy and small enough to clip it to any piece of clothing, but now you can buy something to clip it to!  Seriously, if I see anyone who buys an add-on just to clip this weightless player onto it, I think I will pee my pants.  Gimme a break!

Posted by TechnoGeek on November 30, 2006 at 4:10 PM (CST)

You guys really need to calm down. $15 is nothing. This could be very useful for some people, (nudists maybe?). But seriously, if I did a lot of running, I would consider this, even for twice the price (which it will be in the UK.)

Posted by tom b on November 30, 2006 at 5:52 PM (CST)

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO PodFather’s comment on Nov. 30, 2006

There already is an mp3 player inside a watch. http://www.mp3WatchWorld.com

Posted by Paul on December 1, 2006 at 2:24 AM (CST)

Very cool Paul, thanks for the link.

Posted by PodFather on December 1, 2006 at 9:15 AM (CST)

I need a sweat-proof case for the 2G shuffle. Any ideas?

Posted by jr8 on December 4, 2006 at 9:32 AM (CST)

Me too. I am a big time sweater and can’t really clip it anywhere to keep it dry. This armband would help a lot if used with a clear case for the shuffle. Even without that case the armband would separate the shuffle from my wet skin.

Posted by G2 user on December 4, 2006 at 10:38 AM (CST)

I know, I know.  This product is getting a lot of ribbing for being as unecessary as a toothache.  I’m a runner an cyclist and this will be delivered to me as soon as it’s available.  Right now I’m using a neck leash to hold my 2G shuffle when I ride.  I could attach it to my short, but I don’t want the sweat problems.  I could attach it to the collar of my riding/running shirts, but then I can’t see the darn thing and it would bounce all over the place.  This wrist/arm band is a great idea for active people.

Posted by bhj1 on December 4, 2006 at 7:46 PM (CST)