Marware intros USB Travel Dock for 2G iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Marware intros USB Travel Dock for 2G iPod shuffle

image

Marware has announced the USB Travel Dock for Apple’s second-generation iPod shuffle. The device allows you to charge and sync the new shuffle while “causing no interference with adjacent ports, so you can prominently display your new 2G iPod shuffle right next to your laptop screen.” The lightweight dock provides up to 480 Mbps data transfer via USB and sports a blue “Power On” LED indicator. Marware’s USB Travel Dock costs $20 and will begin shipping in January.

« comScore: iTunes revenue surges 84% in 2006

DLO debuts Power Bug, Action Jacket for 2G iPod shuffle »

Comments

This is too awesome, I need to get one of these for my macbook.

Posted by Sam Stringer-Hye on December 14, 2006 at 1:21 PM (PDT)

I still want something that is small and won’t jab you when its in your pocket. Good idea though.

Posted by ryan10ad on December 14, 2006 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

If I had a 2G Shuffle, I would definitely get one of these.

Posted by LukeA on December 14, 2006 at 3:07 PM (PDT)

I officially rate this accessory “slicker than snot!”

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on December 14, 2006 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

What happens if the USB ports on your computer are oriented vertically instead of horizontally?  Will the Shuffle stay in the dock?

Posted by Jason on December 14, 2006 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

I like the aluminum casing, but it would have been nice if Apple had kept a USB connector on the shuffle itself so it could easily act as a thumb drive as well. Oh well, I guess I will keep looking.

Posted by Joe on December 14, 2006 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

I like this device.  It makes the 2nd generation just like my 1st generation Shuffle (i.e. easily plugged in to a USB port) and I don’t have to deal with the cords that get tangled.

Posted by James on December 14, 2006 at 4:38 PM (PDT)

Jason, yes it will. marware has includes the nub that fits into the shuffle’s clip.

Posted by anti-luddite on December 14, 2006 at 7:04 PM (PDT)

This thing is COOL!  I will definitely get one- after I get a 2G shuffle and MacBook, of course.

Posted by mraarons on December 14, 2006 at 11:02 PM (PDT)

$20 as an accessory for a $80 and not adding any functionality to the dock that ships with the shuffle.  I think I’ll wait for the $6 USB adapter that was featured here a while ago.

This one is definitely targeted at the folks whose self-image is wrapped up in their possessions.

Posted by kokketiel on December 15, 2006 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

I’d have to agree with kokketiel - it’s laughable that people are drooling all over this way overpriced item, when last week $6 was too much to pay for an item that would work in way more situations than this one…  Doesn’t interfere with adjacent ports - of course it does - USB ports right beside each other would be blocked. What if the manufacturer has a different idea of which way is “up” for a USB port? - then you can’t use it at all!

Posted by Realist on December 15, 2006 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

The $5.99 Incipio “ShuffleBud” is perfect.  Who needs to spend another $14 for “snot”?

Posted by hillel_w on December 18, 2006 at 7:24 AM (PDT)

What I’d like is an adapter for the regular ipod connector to hook up to the shuffle. Any chance this is coming?

Posted by vb on January 14, 2007 at 6:57 PM (PDT)