Marware offers universal pouch for Nike+iPod sensor | iLounge News

Marware offers universal pouch for Nike+iPod sensor

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, August 7, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Marware has announced a new protective pouch designed to allow runners to use the Nike+iPod Sport Kit with shoes other than compatible Nike+ models. Made of neoprene and rubber with a velcro closure, the Sportsuit Sensor+ fits any running shoe and stores the Nike+iPod wireless sensor. “The Sportsuit Sensor+ is easily attached and removed by slipping a small rubber strap underneath your shoelaces and fastening it with a strong velcro closure,” explains the company. “Once in place, your Nike + iPod wireless sensor is protected from all the elements that serious runners encounter.” The Sportsuit Sensor+ sells for $10 and is available for pre-order now.

« Bob Dylan album pre-order, digital box set offered on iTunes

Neuros Recorder 2 Plus introduced »

Comments

this just pwned nike like no tommorow…

Posted by erifneerg on August 7, 2006 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

Nike knew this would happen from the start.

Think about it, The system is designed to give Nike stats about runners so they can make better shoes.

When people upload their stats nike knows more about the current runners and can design better shoes. This type of research would normally cost millions.

Posted by awaji on August 7, 2006 at 8:11 PM (PDT)

I guess I don’t need new shoes.

Posted by Charlie on August 7, 2006 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

This is just what I need. Nike+ shoes only come in one standard width, they have nothing wide enough for me. I wear New Balance 882 shoes in size 13EEEE, now I don’t have to mess them up to attach the sensor pod.

Posted by Charles on August 7, 2006 at 8:45 PM (PDT)

The strap actually costs $18.11.  The freaking thing sells for $9.95 plus $8.16 for Ground shipping (cheapest option).

Posted by spaceboy27 on August 7, 2006 at 9:01 PM (PDT)

Yeah, but new shoes would cost a hole lot more.

Posted by Joonas on August 7, 2006 at 11:10 PM (PDT)

Now let’s find another accessory to accessorize…

Posted by Bad Beaver on August 8, 2006 at 1:09 AM (PDT)

Skip this product! They’ve made pouches like this for years. Normally they are bigger to hold keys, etc. But they cost about $3-5 at any shoe/sneaker/sporting goods store. And no shipping charges!

Posted by Rusty on August 8, 2006 at 5:18 AM (PDT)

This is a brilliant idea by Marware. (because as an iPod add on, more poeple will read about it)

Not everybody likes Nike shoes- the fit or the price. I prefer Newbies all the way.

i don’t have a nike sport kit just- but now i’m thinking hard

Posted by Lily on August 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM (PDT)

I am going to just get the pouch for me keys that ties to my laces. I am going to secure the Ekin + in there and get going!

Posted by Jason on August 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM (PDT)

I like this!  While I do feel $8 for shipping for such a small item seems a lot, Joonas is right: Nike+ shoes would cost a lot more. smile

I think I will get the Nike+ kit, now that this item is avail.  smile

Posted by JingJing on August 8, 2006 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

Save your $10 (or is it $18?).

Right after the Nike+iPod kit came out, Podophile.com posted a cheap and easy DIY “shoe hack” that lets you use the kit with any running shoe.

Nike also sells a small shoe wallet for $8 that attaches to your laces and works with the Sport kit. It’s available now. It’s also reviewed on Podophile.com.

Posted by Podophile on August 8, 2006 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

I opted for the shoes and am now a Nike fan (for life). The shoes are great and worth the $ IMHO

Posted by portablealpha on August 8, 2006 at 10:02 AM (PDT)

capitalism is good

Posted by TLo on August 8, 2006 at 11:15 AM (PDT)

DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by comeonalready on August 8, 2006 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

Hi. Eric Prentice, CEO of Dr. Bott LLC here. I just wanted to comment about the $18 cost (including shipping) reported by another poster. The short answer is that you should visit your local reseller and make sure they they will be carrying the product (you can use the find a reseller function on our site.)

At Dr. Bott, we’re all about supporting our resellers and you will find that it should always a better deal to get our products through your local reseller. Purchasing from our site directly is an option but you will find that we never offer special pricing and always charge shipping (based on UPS standard rates shipping from our warehouse in Oregon).

I hope this helps.

Eric

Posted by Eric Prentice on August 8, 2006 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

Eric (from Dr. Bott) . . .

I ordered this from your web site today. I wonder if you would be kind enough to indicate to all of us when you anticipate that this item will ship.

Thank you.

John-Mark

Posted by John-Mark Stensvaag on August 8, 2006 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

Hi John-Mark,

Thanks for the order. We expect them to be shipping this month. We don’t normally pre-announce products but we thought this one was cool enough that it merited an announcement.

My wife, was really excited about an excuse to buy a new pair of Nikes, thanks to Marware I don’t have to! wink

Eric

Posted by Eric Prentice on August 8, 2006 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

It’s cool stuff.
We need it in Japan also…

Posted by Hossy on August 9, 2006 at 3:12 AM (PDT)

Does any one know where I can buy the red shoes used in this ad? What brand and model are they? They are awesome.

Posted by Blake on August 17, 2006 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >