Marware rolls out 5G iPod case lineup
Published: Wednesday, November 23, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories
Marware today introduced its new line of cases for Apple’s fifth-generation iPod. The lineup features “innovative materials chosen specifically to maintain the impressively slim profile of the iPod while providing maximum protection,” according to the company. A summary of the seven new cases, which will ship in December, is below.
Sportsuit Convertible (1)
Made of orca-skin neoprene, the case offers “rugged protection and a multitude of wearing and use options.” It features an armband, hand strap, belt clip, and removable lid with front storage pocket. The Sportsuit Convertible is available in black, blue or silver for $35.
Sportsuit Sleeve (2)
The Sportsuit Sleeve is a neoprene case that offers a velcro top closure, an earphone pocket, and a removable belt clip. The case sells for $20 and comes in either black or blue.
Sportsuit Basic (3)
The form-fitting neoprene case offers all-around coverage, a clear screen and click wheel protector, and a removable belt clip. The Sportsuit Basic is available in black for $20.
Sport Grip Backwinder (4)
Available in several colors, the silicone case sports a built-in cord winder to adjust the length of your earphones. The case comes with a static film to protect the screen, and sells for $20. Black, blue, white, pink and green colors are available.
The hard case features a “slide-and-hide arm” that stows away while cords are in use and slides out for cord storage. The Sidewinder also has a retractable kickstand that supports the case on a desktop for watching videos. It comes in black or white for $30.
CEO Classic (6)
The leather case has two removable lids—one with a storage pocket for earphones and one with a play–through click wheel protector. Available in black, it comes with a removable belt clip and sells for $35.
Sportsuit Santa (7)
The Santa Claus-inspired case is perfect for the holiday season and “makes an excellent stocking over the fireplace or as an ornament on the tree.” It comes with a lanyard, carabiner and belt loop, and sells for $20.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone