Marware rolls out 5G iPod case lineup | iLounge News

Marware rolls out 5G iPod case lineup

Marware today introduced its new line of cases for Apple’s fifth-generation iPod. The lineup features “innovative materials chosen specifically to maintain the impressively slim profile of the iPod while providing maximum protection,” according to the company. A summary of the seven new cases, which will ship in December, is below.

image

Sportsuit Convertible (1)
Made of orca-skin neoprene, the case offers “rugged protection and a multitude of wearing and use options.” It features an armband, hand strap, belt clip, and removable lid with front storage pocket. The Sportsuit Convertible is available in black, blue or silver for $35.

Sportsuit Sleeve (2)
The Sportsuit Sleeve is a neoprene case that offers a velcro top closure, an earphone pocket, and a removable belt clip. The case sells for $20 and comes in either black or blue.

Sportsuit Basic (3)
The form-fitting neoprene case offers all-around coverage, a clear screen and click wheel protector, and a removable belt clip. The Sportsuit Basic is available in black for $20.

Sport Grip Backwinder (4)
Available in several colors, the silicone case sports a built-in cord winder to adjust the length of your earphones. The case comes with a static film to protect the screen, and sells for $20. Black, blue, white, pink and green colors are available.

Sidewinder (5)
The hard case features a “slide-and-hide arm” that stows away while cords are in use and slides out for cord storage. The Sidewinder also has a retractable kickstand that supports the case on a desktop for watching videos. It comes in black or white for $30.

CEO Classic (6)
The leather case has two removable lids—one with a storage pocket for earphones and one with a play–through click wheel protector. Available in black, it comes with a removable belt clip and sells for $35.

Sportsuit Santa (7)
The Santa Claus-inspired case is perfect for the holiday season and “makes an excellent stocking over the fireplace or as an ornament on the tree.” It comes with a lanyard, carabiner and belt loop, and sells for $20.

« Scott Kelby updates ‘The iPod Book’

‘Course casting’ lets students listen to lectures on iPods »

Comments

They look nice.  I’m considering the sportsuit basic because of the ability to attach to a bicycle.  Price isn’t bad either.  Also, I really like how you can still see part of the ipod, giving the ability to show off the black/white surface of the pod.

I wonder how easy it is to use the clickwheel with the cover that goes over it.  I was considering a clear hardcase for my ipod too but this Marware will be easy to attach to my bike.  Wonder if there’s an easy way to attach a clear hardcase to my arm or bike also.  Anyway, looks good.

Posted by Billy on November 23, 2005 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

They look nice, I’m debating between one of these and the Vaja one, obviously the Vaja is so much more sophesticated but I like the headphone pocket idea. I’ll have to wait for the reviews, hopefully they will be soon.

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on November 23, 2005 at 6:48 PM (PDT)

Marware cases are nice and well made. I used one for my second generation iPod.

Posted by Steph on November 24, 2005 at 4:05 AM (PDT)

I would buy it if not for that awful clip jack on the back.  I can’t believe they don’t have a clipless option.  Seems insane.  I’ll just wait for the Radtech sleevz to come out.

Posted by Michael on November 24, 2005 at 11:28 PM (PDT)

You cane remove the clip on the back with the point of a ballpoint.

Posted by Orson on November 25, 2005 at 1:44 PM (PDT)

Looks like an awesome lineup of cases.  I love the earbud pocket idea too!  Not sure if I want the CEO Classic or the Sportsuit Convertible.  Anyone use a case that has plastic covering the clickwheel?  Does it work OK, and is it tough to get used to?  That’s the only thing I don’t like about the Sportsuit Convertible.  How does the cover stay on the Convertible?

Posted by Kank on November 25, 2005 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

On the CEO Case, what is the removable belt clip like?

Posted by J B on December 1, 2005 at 10:29 PM (PDT)

ive had 2 marware cases and have been extremely happy with both. the clip is sturdy when attached and the grooves for it barely ever get in the way. all around protection and you can barely tell youre using it through plastic except for the fact that it is a tiny bit slower on scrolling which can be a good thing if you have problems with scrolling too fast and a non issue if you dont. definitely suggest any marware product to anyone
ps i know it may sound like im a marware sales rep but im not, just a happy customer

Posted by ben on January 31, 2006 at 10:05 PM (PDT)