Marware updates neoprene cases for 4G iPod | iLounge News

Marware updates neoprene cases for 4G iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Marware has updated its line of neoprene cases to fit the 4G iPod.
The 4G SportSuit Sleeve ($19.95) features; 3mm neoprene exterior; plush lined interior; straps for use on shoulder strap or belt; opening in flap to plug in earphone; pocket for storing earphones; plastic shell for impact protection; Multidapt interchangeable clip system; Velcro closure on flap; and includes a low-profile spring clip.
The 4G SportSuit Basic ($24.95) features; 2mm neoprene outer construction; plush-lined interior; plastic inserts on the sides and back for impact protection; plastic screen protector; access to hold button, headphone and remote jack; Multidapt interchangeable clip system; Velcro closure on flap; and includes a low-profile spring clip .
The 4G SportSuit Convertible ($39.95) features; 2mm neoprene outer construction; fully lined interior; plastic inserts at sides and back for impact protection; plastic screen protector; removable protective lid; headphone & remote storage pocket on lid; easy access to hold button, headphone jack, and remote ports; and Multidapt interchangeable clip system.

« Windows: SyncITBaby 1.3 released

“Hacking iPod + iTunes” book released »

Comments

What’s going on with Contour? I hope they hurry up. Their competitions are really going far out fast!

Posted by Arg on August 19, 2004 at 5:44 PM (PDT)

I have one of the convertibles for my 4G—I highly recommend it.  More versatiltiy than any other case I’ve seen.  I also put a patch of velcro on my dash to hold the iPod in place in my truck with iTrip and without the removable lid and it works great.

Posted by MO on August 19, 2004 at 5:49 PM (PDT)

Can the armband be detached from the convertible version?

Posted by Killa on August 19, 2004 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

Yes, the armband can be detached.

Posted by qrt on August 20, 2004 at 1:14 AM (PDT)

Love all the options with the convertible. This is the case for me. I wanted something small that could hold my headphones of I wanted.

Excellent.

Posted by JamieSPC in Birmingham, AL on August 20, 2004 at 6:10 AM (PDT)

I have the expensive convertable.  I really wanted a case that would hold my ear phones, and while it is a good case, the plastic that covers the iPod display area is scratchedt up.  The rest of my iPod looks great - not a scratch anywhere - except where the Marware plastic covering rubbed scratches on my iPod display area.

Posted by Obadiah on August 20, 2004 at 6:46 AM (PDT)

I have the Convertible for my 2G 20gig .... my ipod has barely ever been out of it since day one ..... last week i got a rude shock when i pulled my ipod out expecting it to be in mint condition scratch free .... rather than scratch free I noticed that at the bottom of my ipod are lots of little marks possile from where the plastic of the convertible is stitched to the rest of the case or perhaps mayve there was dirt between the case and my ipod and it has been rubbing for the last 12 months .... grrrr - very annoyed .... has anyone else sexperienced anything similar? ... i am curious if this is a design fault and if so if it has been rectified for 3G/4G versions.

Posted by DMW on August 21, 2004 at 1:53 AM (PDT)

I’m seriously considering the Convertible for my 3G—does the armband do a good job of holding the ipod in place whle running (I run for about an hour at a time)?  Or does the IPod flop around (as the top and bottom are not supported by the armband)?

Thanks!

Posted by johnnypark on August 22, 2004 at 7:50 AM (PDT)