Media playback poll ends, gift buying poll begins
With over 4,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—has ended. Readers could choose between the iPad, the iPhone, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Apple’s iOS-based devices dominated the responses — one-in-three (33 percent) readers said they used an iPhone for their primary media playback device, followed closely by 27 percent of readers who said an iPod touch was their primary Apple device, and 20 percent who said the iPad was their go-to media playback device. Overall, these three iOS devices accounted for 80 percent of all responses. The high-capacity iPod classic was tops amongst non-iOS devices with 10 percent of the overall vote, followed by the iPod nano with six percent, and the iPod shuffle with just one percent. Notably, three percent of readers said the Apple TV was their primary device for media playback; we have broken this number out separately since the second-generation model is an iOS device while the first-generation is not. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on your holiday season shopping plans. Do you plan on buying an Apple media product as a gift for a friend or family member this year? Perhaps an iPad, iPhone, or some model of iPod? Or perhaps you’ll be gifting an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase an Apple media product as a gift this holiday season, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10