Media playback poll ends, gift buying poll begins
With over 4,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—has ended. Readers could choose between the iPad, the iPhone, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Apple’s iOS-based devices dominated the responses — one-in-three (33 percent) readers said they used an iPhone for their primary media playback device, followed closely by 27 percent of readers who said an iPod touch was their primary Apple device, and 20 percent who said the iPad was their go-to media playback device. Overall, these three iOS devices accounted for 80 percent of all responses. The high-capacity iPod classic was tops amongst non-iOS devices with 10 percent of the overall vote, followed by the iPod nano with six percent, and the iPod shuffle with just one percent. Notably, three percent of readers said the Apple TV was their primary device for media playback; we have broken this number out separately since the second-generation model is an iOS device while the first-generation is not. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on your holiday season shopping plans. Do you plan on buying an Apple media product as a gift for a friend or family member this year? Perhaps an iPad, iPhone, or some model of iPod? Or perhaps you’ll be gifting an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase an Apple media product as a gift this holiday season, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Apple turning ‘Carpool Karaoke’ into an Apple Music exclusive
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app