Media playback poll ends, gift buying poll begins
Published: Friday, November 12, 2010
News Categories: Site News
With over 4,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—has ended. Readers could choose between the iPad, the iPhone, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Apple’s iOS-based devices dominated the responses — one-in-three (33 percent) readers said they used an iPhone for their primary media playback device, followed closely by 27 percent of readers who said an iPod touch was their primary Apple device, and 20 percent who said the iPad was their go-to media playback device. Overall, these three iOS devices accounted for 80 percent of all responses. The high-capacity iPod classic was tops amongst non-iOS devices with 10 percent of the overall vote, followed by the iPod nano with six percent, and the iPod shuffle with just one percent. Notably, three percent of readers said the Apple TV was their primary device for media playback; we have broken this number out separately since the second-generation model is an iOS device while the first-generation is not. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on your holiday season shopping plans. Do you plan on buying an Apple media product as a gift for a friend or family member this year? Perhaps an iPad, iPhone, or some model of iPod? Or perhaps you’ll be gifting an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase an Apple media product as a gift this holiday season, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts