Media playback poll ends, gift buying poll begins
With over 4,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—has ended. Readers could choose between the iPad, the iPhone, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Apple’s iOS-based devices dominated the responses — one-in-three (33 percent) readers said they used an iPhone for their primary media playback device, followed closely by 27 percent of readers who said an iPod touch was their primary Apple device, and 20 percent who said the iPad was their go-to media playback device. Overall, these three iOS devices accounted for 80 percent of all responses. The high-capacity iPod classic was tops amongst non-iOS devices with 10 percent of the overall vote, followed by the iPod nano with six percent, and the iPod shuffle with just one percent. Notably, three percent of readers said the Apple TV was their primary device for media playback; we have broken this number out separately since the second-generation model is an iOS device while the first-generation is not. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on your holiday season shopping plans. Do you plan on buying an Apple media product as a gift for a friend or family member this year? Perhaps an iPad, iPhone, or some model of iPod? Or perhaps you’ll be gifting an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase an Apple media product as a gift this holiday season, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels