Memorex debuts three new iPod sound systems | iLounge News

Memorex debuts three new iPod sound systems

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, May 16, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Memorex has introduced three new iPod speaker systems — the iListen, iMove and iWake. All of the units feature a built-in charging iPod cradle, digital AM/FM tuner, SRS WOW technology sound enhancement, backlit LCD display, and wireless remote control. The iListen (shown right) is a flat-fronted shelf system that features a silver stand and wall mounting capability. The iMove is a portable boombox-style system with an integrated carrying handle. Finally, the iWake is a clock radio with dual alarm function that lets you wake to your iPod, radio, or alarm. All three systems come in white or black and are compatible with 4G and 5G iPods, iPod nanos and iPod minis. Pricing is not yet available.

« Mix: Free cases, Bono/Bush, MacBooks, XtremeMac

Discovery programming comes to iTunes Music Store »

Comments

I’ve seen all three of these at every Target I’ve been to for the last 5 weeks… they are just now debuting these?

Posted by rongold on May 16, 2006 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

Hmm . . . the descriptions all say that the earliest iPods they’re compatible with are the 4G and the mini, but what would make them unusable with a 3G as well (since it also has the dock connector)?

Posted by raekwon on May 16, 2006 at 12:51 PM (PDT)

These are actually pretty stylish, unlike most Memorex stuff.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on May 16, 2006 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

What’s the prices on the 3 models?

Posted by mike on May 16, 2006 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

I’ve checked out these products at Target.  They look great and sound good too!

Posted by AznSensation on May 16, 2006 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

The iListen is a very sleek looking speaker system. Im gunna buy it. All the other speakers dont look just right. also it has a wireless remote.

Posted by RedApple on May 16, 2006 at 6:52 PM (PDT)

I just went to Target and checked out the iMove.  It’s priced at $99.  The sound was a bit scratchy for me.  I listend to both the fm radio and the line-in store music.  Neither impressed me, but for $99, it might be good for some.

Posted by B.Mick on May 17, 2006 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Saw the iWake at Target today…it was $79.99 with remote…might be some competition for the iHome iH5

Posted by FGH on May 17, 2006 at 4:33 PM (PDT)

The iWake might be a good option for those who complain that the iHome’s display is too bright for bedroom use.

That said, I’ve got an immediate “cheap junk” feel whenever I see something from Memorex. I dunno, comes from a lifetime of buying their products, and its ingrained. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, though.

Posted by RPF on May 17, 2006 at 8:27 PM (PDT)

I recently bought the iboom box, and quickly returned it, not being happy with the quality and sound.  My wife brought me the Imove and I am very happy with it.  The sound is good for the price, and tuner is much better than the iboom….  I recommend the Imove…

Posted by ewg on May 20, 2006 at 7:53 AM (PDT)