Memorex launches four iPod speaker systems
Memorex has introduced four new speaker systems for the iPod. The systems, all of which feature a line-in jack and integrated Universal iPod Dock, include the Mi1003 speaker system for iPod, the Mi1112 2CD home speaker system for iPod, the Mi3000 iTrek portable speaker for iPod, and the Mi3001 iTrek portable speaker for iPod.
The Mi1003 is a small, circular speaker that features four neodymium speakers, a line-out jack, S-Video out, a subwoofer out jack, and a wireless remote control. It sells for $70. The Mi1112 packs dual front-loading CD players into its design, which also features a blue, backlit LCD display, a digital AM/FM radio, a wireless remote, and 25 watts of power.
The Mi3000 and Mi3001 are feature-identical, save for the Mi3000’s protective carrying case, which the Mi3001 lacks. Otherwise their features include a digital FM tuner, wireless remote, up to 15 hours of battery life from 6 “AA” batteries, headphone jack, and a recessed, protective compartment for the iPod. In addition, Memorex added two new colors, Blue and Pink, to its Mi3005 iMove line of iPod boomboxes. The Mi3000 is available now in limited release, with the rest of the lineup “coming soon.” Pricing for the Mi1112, Mi3000, and Mi3001 has yet to be determined.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks