Memorex launches four iPod speaker systems
Memorex has introduced four new speaker systems for the iPod. The systems, all of which feature a line-in jack and integrated Universal iPod Dock, include the Mi1003 speaker system for iPod, the Mi1112 2CD home speaker system for iPod, the Mi3000 iTrek portable speaker for iPod, and the Mi3001 iTrek portable speaker for iPod.
The Mi1003 is a small, circular speaker that features four neodymium speakers, a line-out jack, S-Video out, a subwoofer out jack, and a wireless remote control. It sells for $70. The Mi1112 packs dual front-loading CD players into its design, which also features a blue, backlit LCD display, a digital AM/FM radio, a wireless remote, and 25 watts of power.
The Mi3000 and Mi3001 are feature-identical, save for the Mi3000’s protective carrying case, which the Mi3001 lacks. Otherwise their features include a digital FM tuner, wireless remote, up to 15 hours of battery life from 6 “AA” batteries, headphone jack, and a recessed, protective compartment for the iPod. In addition, Memorex added two new colors, Blue and Pink, to its Mi3005 iMove line of iPod boomboxes. The Mi3000 is available now in limited release, with the rest of the lineup “coming soon.” Pricing for the Mi1112, Mi3000, and Mi3001 has yet to be determined.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0