Memorex reveals iFlip portable video player for iPod | iLounge News

Memorex reveals iFlip portable video player for iPod

image

imageimageimageimage

Memorex has provided iLounge with exclusive details and photos of a new portable video player for fifth-generation iPods. The new iFlip features an 8.4-inch LCD display, integrated speakers, tilting iPod dock, and lithium-ion battery. Users can watch videos stored on an iPod on the iFlip’s built-in display or use the player’s speakers for music-only playback.

The iFlip offers a native resolution of 480 x 234, while the integrated battery provides up to five hours of power. The fold-up unit also features S-video out, line out, and dual headphone jacks. While the iFlip has an on-screen menu system (brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, screen mode, etc.), Memorex said the user will still navigate music and video via the iPod. The iFlip will launch in mid-September, retailing for $200. It will be available in black or white, with an iFlip carrying case sold separately.

« 22Moo developing PodBuffet iTunes kiosk

Mix: Synaptics, iClod, HealthPod, PumpedforSummer »

Comments

That is slicker than snot!

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 10:50 AM (CDT)

I like, I like.  Looks like I know what to get the wife for Holidays

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 10:57 AM (CDT)

EXTREMELY Nice looking product.

One problem though… 8.4” w/ a 480 x 234 resolution? What the heck is up with that!!!???

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 11:14 AM (CDT)

interesting enough, i guess….but what’s the real user?  someone wanting to watch a video with 2 people?  because how much nicer is that really than just bringing the ipod up to your eyes.

i watched ‘pirates of the carribean’ this weekend, and it was just fine on the screen.

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 11:20 AM (CDT)

does it have any other input besides the ipod?,  i’m a video aficionado, and it would be great to see the stuff i film on a bigger screen than the one that comes with my video camera… by the way, $200 seems a very reasonable price, considering it’s both, a speaker system and a video-on-the-go system…

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 11:58 AM (CDT)

For Dhoyos
    “Memorex reveals iFlip portable video player for iPod”

Sigh.

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 1:49 PM (CDT)

Cool!  Looks like a great product.  I would definitely consider buying.

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 2:46 PM (CDT)

I use to carry my portable DVD player on the plane. This is much easier because you don’t have to have all those DVDs. Plus the battery lasts longer. Wish it was thinner

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 2:55 PM (CDT)

Pretty cool.  Almost makes me wanna buy a video iPod ... almost.

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 2:57 PM (CDT)

for David:

“does it have any other input besides the ipod?”
    i don’t see nothing wrong with asking for another input… the Numark iDJ2 is a digital turntable FOR IPOD, but it ALSO accepts other inputs…

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 3:27 PM (CDT)

I’m waiting for a truely portable video player, with an iPod dock and DVD player, like the iLuv, but also with a truely universal remote, allowing you to control even the iPod with the remote, and a decent battery life. I have to think some company will release one of those soon.

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 4:36 PM (CDT)

Me likey, me likey!  Now if only Memorex would get with iLov (new DVD recorder) to combine their powers into one for around $250…I’d be all over it, like flies on a romproast! :)

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 6:45 PM (CDT)

WOW!  Very Nice!

Posted by LC Angell on July 26, 2006 at 7:01 PM (CDT)

I can’t believe most of the dumbass portable DVD player manufacturers don’t support DiVX.  This device will eat their lunch!!!

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 12:05 PM (CDT)

Cooler than a polar bear’s toenails!

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 3:35 PM (CDT)

Trying to identify the ports. Any indication it works with an external power supply? [Thinking it would be great on long journeys with kids in backseat.]

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 10:53 PM (CDT)

I’m getting mine as soon as it becomes available.  What amazes me is how long it took for anyone to develop such an obvious projduct.  Just as speakers enhance iPod sound, this device will enhance the images—I can claim to have figured that out about ten minutes after the video iPod became available, and I’m “just” an historian.

Lots of possible uses are mentioned above.  For me it’s a matter of just moving around the house with it while doing other things, cooking, brushing teeth, doing stretches on the floor. Can’t wait to get one!

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 1:49 AM (CDT)

@ free radical

3rd main pic down ...

looks suspiciously like a “DC IN” port though cannot quite make it out…

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 1:53 AM (CDT)

“The iFlip offers a native resolution of 480 x 234.”

.......PASS!!

There will be higher res products out soon.

Posted by LC Angell on July 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM (CDT)

Nice but too big. I’ll stick to my 12.1 inch laptop for movie watching ;-)

Posted by LC Angell on July 30, 2006 at 4:51 PM (CDT)