Memorex reveals iFlip portable video player for iPod | iLounge News

Memorex reveals iFlip portable video player for iPod

image

imageimageimageimage

Memorex has provided iLounge with exclusive details and photos of a new portable video player for fifth-generation iPods. The new iFlip features an 8.4-inch LCD display, integrated speakers, tilting iPod dock, and lithium-ion battery. Users can watch videos stored on an iPod on the iFlip’s built-in display or use the player’s speakers for music-only playback.

The iFlip offers a native resolution of 480 x 234, while the integrated battery provides up to five hours of power. The fold-up unit also features S-video out, line out, and dual headphone jacks. While the iFlip has an on-screen menu system (brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, screen mode, etc.), Memorex said the user will still navigate music and video via the iPod. The iFlip will launch in mid-September, retailing for $200. It will be available in black or white, with an iFlip carrying case sold separately.

« 22Moo developing PodBuffet iTunes kiosk

Mix: Synaptics, iClod, HealthPod, PumpedforSummer »

Comments

What is the weight? anyone know. If it’s alot lighter than my 12” I would buy it.

Posted by not jobs on August 10, 2006 at 8:06 PM (CDT)

Where can I pre-order this product?

Posted by Tony on August 16, 2006 at 2:55 PM (CDT)

Man I love this I just got my ipod 5g and this will go great with it.  I plan to buy one as soon as they come out.  Looks like a great road trip tagalong.
    Memorex please get this out soon!

Posted by Taz on September 5, 2006 at 12:23 PM (CDT)

does anybody know where i can purchase this. its looks great

Posted by mjsn on October 6, 2006 at 11:00 AM (CDT)

Wow..I got this last nite…charged it and have played it almost 8 hours…the light is still glowing green!  The picture could ans should be a little better but i have seen worse.  I also bought a different carry-ing case that holds all the plugs (incluinding my ipod cords..) and so far i’m quite impressed with it.  I have been watching the market for this product ever since i bought the video ipod!!!!  I give this a big GO!~!

Posted by Freda on November 12, 2006 at 6:31 PM (CST)

I just got mine for my 80 gig Ipod, the black one so black on black, it is okay sound is okay, I am not that happy with the video quality, I am going to try to put mpeg video with higher quaility the ones I have now are from divx to mepg 4, so will try to convert one of my own dvd with high quailty, I will post my comment,

Vartan

Posted by Vartan on November 20, 2006 at 11:48 PM (CST)

Vartan…......what are the results of direct MPEG?

I’m thinking of convincing my Wife to get me this for Xmas, but don’t want to be stuck with something with poor video quality.

Thanks eh,

Darren

Posted by Darren on November 24, 2006 at 12:58 PM (CST)

I love this thing!!! But my ipod wont stay down in the case..any ideas? it just flips up by itself and i’d like it to lie down~~~

Posted by freda on November 24, 2006 at 10:12 PM (CST)

I just bought this from Linens-n-things on sale for $149. So far so good. Is the video really in widescreen format? I tried every wiidescreen video that I have, I even created a test file using their proclaimed 480x234 yet it looks like the true native format is standard 4:3 and the unit is just stretching it to widescreen making it look like everyone is fat and stretch horizontally. Yes, i did made sure that my video ipod is set to show widescreen. Can anyone verify?

Posted by Melvin on November 24, 2006 at 11:41 PM (CST)

I just purchased my iflip yesterday on Black Friday, I love it….only wished it came w/a protective case.

Posted by Cari on November 25, 2006 at 5:21 PM (CST)

OK just got my daughter one for her birthday and was wondering how on earth to boost the sound? I have to think it is because when the movies were put on the pod the sound was made softer?? Any help would be great trying to get this ready for her birthday in a week. Thanks so much!

Posted by Julie on November 27, 2006 at 3:04 AM (CST)

Melvin,

If you have a 4:3 content and review it on 16:9, yes, it will stretch it.  The good thing is, that you can go into the menu and change the aspect ratio to 4:3.  This way, nothing will be stretched.  Hope this helps.

Posted by gogo on December 6, 2006 at 10:59 PM (CST)

I purchased one from Best Buy for $175 and have to say it is a great product. Screen is crisp and bright, angles were good, and sound is awesome. Great for when others besides yourself want to watch something sotred on the ipod.

Posted by Wrex Allen on December 7, 2006 at 10:01 AM (CST)

Does anyone know if this battery can be replaced?  I’m also looking at the ILuv i1055 - that can utilize both iPod and dvd…but the battery life on that one is stated at 3 hours and the battery isn’t replaceable.  If only they could mold both models together…

Posted by madhops8 on December 17, 2006 at 8:37 PM (CST)

I have the iPod 80GB (5G)classic, and I also bought the Memorex dvd player for the iPod. However, when I plug the iPod in, I get sound, but no picture on the screen. If anyone can help, PLEASE DO :o). Thanks

Posted by Theresa on September 17, 2007 at 6:51 PM (CDT)

Theresa,
    It won’t work with new iPods.  You have to be able to change the Video setting to TV Out and Apple has restricted this.  There is a full write up on the change on this website.

Posted by sgrmba on September 17, 2007 at 8:12 PM (CDT)

does this work with the ipod classic?

Posted by pat on December 22, 2007 at 8:21 AM (CST)

I just got this for Christmas to go with my 3rd generation iPod nano but I can only get the sound to work…Anyone else get a nano to work on the video part?

Posted by Jenni on December 25, 2007 at 5:23 PM (CST)

Just today I bought a black iFlip on sale at Linens ‘n Things for $99.99, they had shelves of them. The iPod insert falls out easily when you try to push it down flat, audio is noisy (you can hear more electronic noise than with the iPod headphone jack, video quality is so-so). Warranty is only 90 days and not valid in Canada according to the package insert. I might take it back.

Posted by Victor Panlilio on January 6, 2008 at 7:55 PM (CST)

sgrmba: soooo basically it wont work for the ipod classic? (80 gb)

Posted by Missy on May 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >