Microsoft working on Vista iPod support | iLounge News

Microsoft working on Vista iPod support

Microsoft has released several Windows Vista patches, including one designed to address a major issue with iPods. “The software maker issued a patch that is designed to fix a problem that had left iPods vulnerable to being corrupted if Vista users select the operating system’s Safely Remove Hardware option to eject the music player,” reports CNET News.com. “Apple had resolved several Vista compatibility issues in iTunes, but has continued to warn users to only use the eject function within iTunes to remove an iPod in Vista.”

« Apple taps several chip makers for Apple TV

Apple’s iPhone steals the show at CTIA event »

Comments

what Vista really needs is a Safely Remove Vista option

Posted by hydra-calm on March 28, 2007 at 9:28 AM (PDT)

I’m sure in a year that Vista will an excellent OS, but I do have to wonder how MS gets the balls to charge people hundreds of dollars to be guinea pigs for yet another beta test.

Apple are greedy pigs in that they charge just as much for tiny, almost insignificant OS updates, but at least by going in small, bitesize steps, you don’t have entire years where your customers are trouble shooting your rushed product.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on March 28, 2007 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

I have been reading tales of woe from Vista users who report that once installed they can’t access the internet - seems the common advice is avoid Vista…

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on March 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

Is this happening on computers that come with Vista pre-installed as well?

Posted by DPdouglas on March 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM (PDT)

iTunes barely even works on my vista laptop.  The GUI goes all funky after 5 minutes and when I resize the window (as per Apple’s suggestion) I get a fatal error and we all know what happens then.

It’s not even a matter of it being buggy as totally unusable.

God bless Media Monkey.

Posted by wmurch3 on March 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM (PDT)

I have just purchased a laptop with vista business preloaded and have also bought my daughter an ipod nano, low and behold the nano doesn’t work as vista will not accept itunes 7 resulting in the ipod being useless, there wasn’t any notice or advice from anyone or anything whilst purchasing the ipod advising that itunes 7 is required however does not run with vista, this should be visible for consumers to see so they don’t purchase a dud and have a very upset daughter on her birthday. Good one Apple don’t think about your customers they are only the ones keeping you afloat no need to bother.

Posted by bbbungy on May 27, 2007 at 5:23 AM (PDT)

iTunes 7 now works with Vista - we’ve tested it. You might want to try the latest version available from Apple’s web site.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on May 27, 2007 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

hi i aM USING a 80gig ipod on vista with itunes 7 but….my ipod is not connecting to my pc and itunes it says no drive is instaled whats the prob guys plz help????

Posted by gunit 101 on August 10, 2007 at 10:15 PM (PDT)

Please tell me how to get my older iPod 40GB to work on my new laptop with VISTA operating systems.  I downloaded iTunes the latest and it works fine.  I tried to install the iPod driver/software from the original disk, and it got hung up in the installation at the configure ipod window and Vista was not recognizing that I inserted the iPod in the computer. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? this is quite frustrating.
Thanks, Michael

Posted by Michael on March 24, 2008 at 7:27 AM (PDT)