Miniot debuts wooden case for 2G iPod nano | iLounge News

Miniot debuts wooden case for 2G iPod nano

image

Miniot has announced a new version of its iWood case for Apple’s second-generation iPod nano. Like the company’s previous hand-crafted wooden cases, the iWood nano 2G will be available in varieties such as maple, walnut, mahogany, cherry and oak. It’s carved from a single piece of wood, features a hinging lid, and can be customized with a monogram or logo. The case will be available in two versions—a standard version that accepts the dock connector and headphone jacks up to 10 mm with a closed lid, and a lanyard version that accepts Apple’s Lanyard earphones. The iWood nano 2G will ship in early October. Pricing was not available.

image

image

« JVC rolls out Made for iPod audio systems

iTunes Store sells 125,000 movies in first week »

Comments

I am impressed by the sexiness.

Posted by Ben on September 19, 2006 at 5:07 PM (PDT)

I like the idea, but not that you’d have to open the case every time you want to do something.

Posted by rainking187 on September 19, 2006 at 5:38 PM (PDT)

Opening and closing the case whenever I want to change something is fine by me.  It’s a trade off for having full coverage, attractive protection.  When I listen to my iPod, I like to keep it in my pocket, not select every song individually.

Posted by Sir.Pinkerton on September 19, 2006 at 8:11 PM (PDT)

What’s better really?
Plastic Cases that will probably outlive all of us
or maybe
Wooden ones that simply require killing some trees,i mean we still have some left..

Posted by tsik on September 20, 2006 at 3:31 AM (PDT)

Give me a break Tisk. A wooden case will outlive all of us unless you set it on fire. Not to mention the fact that 500 years from now the wooden case will have biodegraded (or at least have started the petrification process) while your plastic one will be sitting on the bottom of a landfill.

Posted by steve on September 20, 2006 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

These are gorgeous! I wish I could afford one. Reminds me of some really nice looking wooden dock covers I saw a year or so back—mmmmm, burly maple!

Posted by paul on September 20, 2006 at 7:54 AM (PDT)

Nice fit and finish, but their past pricing has been too bloody expensive for what it is. I however do want to see how they’re doing the hinge.

Posted by flatline response on September 20, 2006 at 1:16 PM (PDT)

I’m not budging until I see one made of myrtlewood from Coos Bay, Oregon.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on September 20, 2006 at 2:41 PM (PDT)

Hey steve i was talking about the environment and not promoting plastic!!

Posted by tsik on September 25, 2006 at 3:40 PM (PDT)

Anybody else notice the striking resemblance to a stash box?  Does it come with a one-hitter?

Posted by Ryan Biggs on November 17, 2006 at 1:42 PM (PDT)