Miniot unveils iWood for iPhone | iLounge News

Miniot unveils iWood for iPhone

image

Miniot has introduced its iWood for iPhone wooden iPhone case. The iWood features a polycarbonate screen protector in lieu of a lid, with wood wrapping from the front edge around the sides, top, back, and bottom. Miniot is offering a service which allows customers to have their own logo or message engraved on the back. iWood for iPhone will begin shipping in July and sells for 60 Euros, or about $81.

« Apple sells 500,000 iPhones?

iPhone activation problems widespread, serious (updated x3) »

Comments

You could get a hooker in Vegas for $80 and she wouldn’t be nearly as ugly as that case.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on July 2, 2007 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

looks pretty cool to me - click the link

Posted by rt on July 2, 2007 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

*shrug*  iLike it.  Not gonna buy it, cuz I don’t have an iPhone, and tend to like the thinner (or non-existent) cases/screen protectors to thicker ones, but if I were to do so, this would garner some of my attention.

Posted by OnlyShawn on July 2, 2007 at 7:38 AM (PDT)

cool idea i guess. just give me a replaceable black back panel. i hate the silver. still debating about removing it and having it powdercoated or anodized black!

Posted by mdwsta4 on July 2, 2007 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

Lol @ the name

Posted by AZ on July 2, 2007 at 10:52 AM (PDT)

iWood not. That simple…

Posted by flatline response on July 2, 2007 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

iGot an iSplinter putting it in my iPocket

iWish we could stop all of the iNames

Posted by hydra-calm on July 3, 2007 at 9:43 AM (PDT)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

Miniot sent me a badly made excuse for a case, the product was damaged out of the box, i ordered a logo- they got the placement and size of it wrong, the power button did not line up right and ended up dinging my phone, furthermore there are metal rods inthe back which they shoddily cover and of you don’t look to make sure they will scratch the back of your phone.

Miniot is a horrible company which refused to take responsibility for the damage there crappy case did to my phone, and refused to try and send me a working one….my suspicion is that all of them are slightly messed- they even admitted to me that the tolerances are still changing…..

GREAT PRODUCT IN THEORY, BUT FAR LESS THAN PERFECT.

IF YOU LIKE GREEN THINGS, DONATE THE $175 TO A CAUSE THAT PROTECTS TREES, AND DOESNT DESTROY THEM TO MAKE A PRODUCT THAT IS A SLIGHT STEP ABOVE FIREWOOD.

Posted by thomas on October 15, 2007 at 9:23 AM (PDT)