MiTube provides YouTube HD video downloading | iLounge News

MiTube provides YouTube HD video downloading

iOS developer Max Weisel has released MiTube, an application for viewing and downloading videos from YouTube on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Although a version of this app named MxTube has been available for jailbroken iOS devices for some time, this represents the first official App Store approved version of the app. MiTube is a universal app and allows users to stream and download videos from YouTube Mobile in any available quality, including HD versions. The application provides a basic YouTube search capability to locate videos and users can choose to stream or download each video in low or high quality, with HD versions where available. Downloaded videos are stored within the app and can be transferred to the user’s PC or Mac over USB via the File Sharing feature in iTunes. MiTube is available from the App Store as a free download.

Update: Sadly, but perhaps not surprisingly, the app has been removed from the App Store.

« Brightkite adds iOS 4 background uploading

Vaja offers Messenger Bag, Leather Agenda 2 for iPad »

Comments

nice man got to get this before somthing happens to it.

Posted by julian35961 on August 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

its sneaky

Posted by julian35961 on August 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

too bad this app won’t be on the store for too long. I got my copy.

Posted by jo on August 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

Definetely not going to be in the store for long! Glad I got my copy also.

Posted by weirdalguy360 on August 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM (PDT)

Wow thanks for the heads up ilounge, just got my copy as well!!

Posted by Vel Diesel on August 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM (PDT)

I’m able to find it when I search the Canadian App Store but when I try to download it, a window saying:

“The item you tried to buy is no longer available. The availability of the item has changed. The same item may be available with a different price or elsewhere on the store.”

Does this mean it’s been removed? I would have assumed that if it were removed, one wouldn’t even be able to find the app to try to download it. Oh well. I could try to go into my American iTunes account, but I don’t want the app that badly, lol.

Posted by Nathan on August 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM (PDT)

They finally officially removed it :( . Good thing I was able to jailbreak a while back and use “installous” and “appsync 4.0” to not only snag it, but also transfer it to my iTunes library smile . What are you going to do now, Apple?

Posted by Matt V on August 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

So all u do is sync it and the music/videos will be in iTunes?

Posted by Yonnifer on August 4, 2010 at 9:21 PM (PDT)

Not exactly. You’ll need to connect your device and go to the “Apps” tab where you should be able to scroll down and select the MiTube app under “File Sharing.”  Anything you’ve downloaded into the app will be listed there and you can manually drag-and-drop it back to your computer or use the “Save To…” button to bring up a save dialog box.

Posted by Jesse Hollington in Toronto on August 4, 2010 at 10:18 PM (PDT)

Since it was a free program…anyone that was able to download it prior to it being removed from the store, willing to share the app file?

Posted by Erik P. on August 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM (PDT)

just some review on this app, it crashes very often, especially during the downloading process of the clips. the creator might want to look at fine tunning it again thou. nonetheless i think its a real cool app!

Posted by MiTube User on August 5, 2010 at 1:25 AM (PDT)

It Got Banned From The Store, Anyone Could Upload It?! where can i get it??

Posted by Wassim Elia on August 5, 2010 at 3:52 AM (PDT)

Even free apps still have iTunes Store DRM protection on them, so you wouldn’t be able to use the app on an iOS device that wasn’t registered for the account used to download the app in the first place.

Posted by Jesse Hollington in Toronto on August 5, 2010 at 6:05 AM (PDT)

Wow! Glad I got it while it was up! Very handy to view Youtube videos without having to search for them again.

Posted by E on August 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM (PDT)

I got the app and tested it out & it works great. I had no problem downloading a video & transferring it to my PC. Now I’m concerned about an OS update & will this app continue to work after the update?

Posted by Audrey McGirt on August 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

I doubt that anything in an iOS update will specifically break compatibility, as Apple does not normally target specific apps in their updates. As long as the app was built with the proper SDK APIs (which seems likely since it made it through the approval process in the first place) it should be forward-compatible with future iOS releases. There are many 2.x apps, for instance, that still work fine on iOS 4.

Posted by Jesse Hollington in Toronto on August 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

Cydia > Install0us > MiTube = Happy days =)

Posted by Dibz on August 5, 2010 at 7:23 PM (PDT)

any good hearted one , can share it to me please, i need this app badly

Posted by t0pakz on August 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM (PDT)

Can you make the app again and name it some thing new so some more people can get it?

Posted by Pat on August 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM (PDT)

I also got this great app before Apple pulled it down. I’d really like some kind of coherent answer why APPL is against this. Not only do you NOT have to search for a favorite You Tube video, but you DON’T have to wait for it toload again. How great is that? Come on, APPL! Loosen up, dudes.

Posted by Mark Schacht on August 16, 2010 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >