Mix: 20,000 Apps, Beatles, UK iTunes HD, Fastweet 2K
According to tracking site Apptism, the App Store has passed the 20,000 app mark. The current count on the site reads 20,410 apps, but as site tracks both released and upcoming apps, the number may be a bit smaller—although only 10 apps are currently listed in the Previews section. Apple has yet to make an official announcement marking the occasion.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, former Beatles member Sir Paul McCartney has indicated that talks to bring the band’s catalog to iTunes are still ongoing. When asked about the situation, McCartney said, “It’s a bit of a sticky issue. We want it to happen. The record company was taken over by new people quite recently, so there is a gridlock of sorts. I’d like to make it happen. Though I am not part of the negotiations, thank goodness.”
The U.K. iTunes Store has added a number of new HD-formatted TV shows to its offerings. The ABC series LOST has been joined by other US shows including House, The Office, 30 Rock, and Battlestar Galactica, as well as the second season of BBC program Gavin and Stacey and nature documentary Planet Earth. [via Macworld UK]
Glucose has released Fastweet 2K, a new Twitter client application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Fastweet features a bottom-tabbed interface with options for viewing your main timeline—up to 2,000 tweets—tweets addressed to you, and a dedicated tweet posting area. It also renders link via the Google Mobile Gateway for quick glances. Fastweet 2K is available now and sells for $2; a free version, which is limited to 200 tweets, is also available.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels