Mix: 3G multitasking, Flash, Palm, Google
According to a Twitter update from jailbreaker Will Strafach, multitasking can be enabled on the iPhone 3G by making a simple edit to a plist document. Strafach writes that all that is needed to enable the feature is to set “multitasking=TRUE” on the capabilities plist in the file “N82AP.plist;” notably, this requires root access to the device. Apple has said that it was leaving multitasking off the iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch due to hardware limitations. [via MacStories]
In a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Adobe has admitted that Flash’s exclusion from the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad could hurt the company. “To the extent new releases of operating systems or other third-party products, platforms or devices, such as the Apple iPhone or iPad, make it more difficult for our products to perform, and our customers are persuaded to use alternative technologies, our business could be harmed,” Adobe said in the filing under a “risk factors” heading.
Apple competitor Palm Inc. is seeking potential buyers, according to a Bloomberg report. Citing three people familiar with the situation, the report states that the company, which employs many former Apple employees, including former Apple senior vice president Jon Rubinstein, is working with Goldman Sachs and Qatalyst Partners to find a buyer. HTC, Lenovo, Nokia, and China’s Huawei Technologies Co. and ZTE Corp are said to be potential purchasers.
In an interview with Reuters, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said that Apple’s introduction of its iAd mobile advertising service will help his company in its bid to complete its acquisition of mobile advertising firm AdMob. Calling the move “evidence of a highly competitive market,” Schmidt said “It just seems obvious to me. I hope it (Google’s purchase of AdMob) gets approved.” Google has been waiting for FTC regulators to approve its purchase of AdMob; a developer who talked to Reuters said the regulatory group had been contacting various application developers trying to garner support for blocking the deal. “It’s been really interesting talking to them because they are so dead set against this,” said the developer. “They have been clearly positioning to try to stop this.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?