Mix: 3GS on T-Mobile, iPod touch sales, Apple ads, FaceTime promo
Wired Editor-in-Chief Chris Anderson recently tweeted that a T-Mobile manager “casually mentioned to [him] that they’re going to get the iPhone 3GS (but not 4, oddly) later this year,” and asked if this was common knowledge. As Business Insider points out, it is odd that Anderson would broadcast this rumor over Twitter instead of giving it to one of Wired’s reporters to research and report.
Asymco has posted an analysis of Apple’s recent announcement that it has sold 120 million iOS devices, using it to estimate total iPod touch sales to date. Based on sales of 59.6 million iPhones sold through June, and 3.2 million iPads sold, along with estimates of 8 million iPhones and 4 million iPads sold during August and July, Apple has sold 45.2 million iPod touch units, or 37.7% of all iOS devices sold thus far.
According to an internal Google document obtained by Advertising Age, Apple spent just under $1 million on AdWords advertising during June. This compares to the Google’s top advertisers Expedia, which spent $5.9 million, Amazon, which spent $5.8 million, and eBay, which spent $4.2 million in June.
For the launch of the fourth-generation iPod touch with FaceTime, Apple has put up new window treatments (Pictured) at its retail stores, highlighting the ability to do FaceTime calls between the iPhone 4 and the iPod touch 4G. A larger version of the image appears below.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014