Mix: AAPL Q1, LG, Arcade Bowling, Chipotle
Apple plans to release its first quarter financial results on Wednesday, January 21. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its first quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
LG Display has signed a deal to supply Apple with LCD panels for the next five years. The company did not disclose the total size of the deal, but said in a filing to the Korea Exchange that it would receive a $500 million advance from Apple this month. “Although LG Display already had a relationship with Apple, the deal’s duration and the size of the advance show that the two companies are involved in a long-term, strategic alliance,” said Son Young-jun, a spokesman for LG Display. It is unknown whether any of the displays are planned for use in Apple’s portable media devices.
Skyworks has released Arcade Bowling, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the popular arcade game Skeeball, users flick to send “laser” balls down the alley and up the ramp toward the scoring holes. Once in the air, users can also influence the ball’s flight in midair using the accelerometer. The game also features two sound tracks, 3D graphics, and two game modes—Classic and Progressive. Arcade Bowling is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
National burrito restaurant chain Chipotle has released Chipotle Mobile Ordering, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows users to order food directly from these devices, offering access to the full menu of options, including sauces and extras, saving favorite orders for later, and paying with a credit card from the application. It also offers a Chipotle location finder. Chipotle Mobile Ordering is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014