Mix: AAPL Q1, LG, Arcade Bowling, Chipotle
Apple plans to release its first quarter financial results on Wednesday, January 21. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its first quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
LG Display has signed a deal to supply Apple with LCD panels for the next five years. The company did not disclose the total size of the deal, but said in a filing to the Korea Exchange that it would receive a $500 million advance from Apple this month. “Although LG Display already had a relationship with Apple, the deal’s duration and the size of the advance show that the two companies are involved in a long-term, strategic alliance,” said Son Young-jun, a spokesman for LG Display. It is unknown whether any of the displays are planned for use in Apple’s portable media devices.
Skyworks has released Arcade Bowling, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the popular arcade game Skeeball, users flick to send “laser” balls down the alley and up the ramp toward the scoring holes. Once in the air, users can also influence the ball’s flight in midair using the accelerometer. The game also features two sound tracks, 3D graphics, and two game modes—Classic and Progressive. Arcade Bowling is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
National burrito restaurant chain Chipotle has released Chipotle Mobile Ordering, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows users to order food directly from these devices, offering access to the full menu of options, including sauces and extras, saving favorite orders for later, and paying with a credit card from the application. It also offers a Chipotle location finder. Chipotle Mobile Ordering is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today