Mix: AAPL Q1, MusicDNA, Verizon tablet, Apple + publishers
Apple will announce its first quarter 2010 financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Bach Technology, a new company made up of some former MP3 developers, has unveiled MusicDNA, a new digital music file format. Similar to Apple’s recent iTunes LP offerings, MusicDNA files would contain both music and a range of other media, including video of recent performances, album artwork, song lyrics, and more. The format is expected to launch this spring.
Apple will announce Verizon Wireless as one of the available cellular data service providers for its upcoming tablet device, according to a new report. Citing unnamed sources, the New York Post reports that Verizon will be named as one of the tablet’s carriers, a move that would open the door for a Verizon-based iPhone, although AT&T’s exclusive deal with Apple is not expected to end until June. Reports of Verizon’s potential involvement with Apple over the tablet date back to April 2009.
A team from the New York Times has been working with Apple at the company’s Cupertino, CA campus on a tablet-formatted version of the NYT iPhone application, a new report claims. Citing a person with knowledge of the matter, the LA Times reports that the team has been in California “in recent weeks,” working on a large-screen version of the company’s app that would incorporate video. The report also notes a recent Condé Nast press release that mentioned the company is working on content for “the anticipated tablet from Apple.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks