Mix: AAPL Q1, MusicDNA, Verizon tablet, Apple + publishers
Apple will announce its first quarter 2010 financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Bach Technology, a new company made up of some former MP3 developers, has unveiled MusicDNA, a new digital music file format. Similar to Apple’s recent iTunes LP offerings, MusicDNA files would contain both music and a range of other media, including video of recent performances, album artwork, song lyrics, and more. The format is expected to launch this spring.
Apple will announce Verizon Wireless as one of the available cellular data service providers for its upcoming tablet device, according to a new report. Citing unnamed sources, the New York Post reports that Verizon will be named as one of the tablet’s carriers, a move that would open the door for a Verizon-based iPhone, although AT&T’s exclusive deal with Apple is not expected to end until June. Reports of Verizon’s potential involvement with Apple over the tablet date back to April 2009.
A team from the New York Times has been working with Apple at the company’s Cupertino, CA campus on a tablet-formatted version of the NYT iPhone application, a new report claims. Citing a person with knowledge of the matter, the LA Times reports that the team has been in California “in recent weeks,” working on a large-screen version of the company’s app that would incorporate video. The report also notes a recent Condé Nast press release that mentioned the company is working on content for “the anticipated tablet from Apple.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0