Mix: AAPL Q3, MobileSync, lawsuit, T-Mobile UK
Apple will announce its third quarter financial results tomorrow, July 21. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its first quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Vaughn S. Cordero has released MobileSyncBrowser (MSB) 3.0, the latest version of the iPhone backup utility. MSB lets users access SMS messages, notes, and call history stored in iTunes during syncing, with options to view, save, archive, and export the information. MSB Plus allows for expanded data recovery, including export support for Contacts, Calendar Events, and Photos, and the ability to export any file found in the backup regardless of type. Version 3.0 adds compatibility with iPhone OS 3.0 along with better performance and enhanced stability. MobileSyncBrowser 3.0 and MSB Plus 3.0 are available now for Mac and Windows and sell for $10 and $20, respectively.
Apple, along with several other companies, has been sued by Tsera, over the latter’s touchpad control patent. Tsera is claiming that the Click Wheels found on the iPod classic and iPod nano, along with the controls of the Microsoft Zune, LG Chocolate, and several other devices infringe on a 2004 touchpad patent held by the company. The patent mentions a series of strokes made by the user which must be interpreted into actions, while noting that “[n]o immediate visual feedback is provided as a command pattern is traced, and the user does not need to view the device to enter commands.” [via Engadget]
T-Mobile in the U.K. is reportedly scouring Europe in search of contract-free iPhones in order to import the phones to sell to local customers. The Telegraph reports that sources at T-Mobile claim Apple will be unable to stop the company should it choose to begin sales, as the contract between Apple and O2—the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the U.K.—does not prevent other companies from importing unlocked phones from abroad. T-Mobile is said to be under intense pressure from parent company Deutsche Telekom, which is investigating the possibility of selling the underperforming U.K. branch. Last week, a report surfaced suggesting both T-Mobile and Orange in the U.K. were in talks with Apple about the possibility of offering the iPhone 3G, leaving the iPhone 3GS an O2 exclusive.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time?
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Court throws out $368M FaceTime judgment against Apple
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels