Mix: AAPL Q3, MobileSync, lawsuit, T-Mobile UK
Apple will announce its third quarter financial results tomorrow, July 21. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its first quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Vaughn S. Cordero has released MobileSyncBrowser (MSB) 3.0, the latest version of the iPhone backup utility. MSB lets users access SMS messages, notes, and call history stored in iTunes during syncing, with options to view, save, archive, and export the information. MSB Plus allows for expanded data recovery, including export support for Contacts, Calendar Events, and Photos, and the ability to export any file found in the backup regardless of type. Version 3.0 adds compatibility with iPhone OS 3.0 along with better performance and enhanced stability. MobileSyncBrowser 3.0 and MSB Plus 3.0 are available now for Mac and Windows and sell for $10 and $20, respectively.
Apple, along with several other companies, has been sued by Tsera, over the latter’s touchpad control patent. Tsera is claiming that the Click Wheels found on the iPod classic and iPod nano, along with the controls of the Microsoft Zune, LG Chocolate, and several other devices infringe on a 2004 touchpad patent held by the company. The patent mentions a series of strokes made by the user which must be interpreted into actions, while noting that “[n]o immediate visual feedback is provided as a command pattern is traced, and the user does not need to view the device to enter commands.” [via Engadget]
T-Mobile in the U.K. is reportedly scouring Europe in search of contract-free iPhones in order to import the phones to sell to local customers. The Telegraph reports that sources at T-Mobile claim Apple will be unable to stop the company should it choose to begin sales, as the contract between Apple and O2—the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the U.K.—does not prevent other companies from importing unlocked phones from abroad. T-Mobile is said to be under intense pressure from parent company Deutsche Telekom, which is investigating the possibility of selling the underperforming U.K. branch. Last week, a report surfaced suggesting both T-Mobile and Orange in the U.K. were in talks with Apple about the possibility of offering the iPhone 3G, leaving the iPhone 3GS an O2 exclusive.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0