Mix: AAPL Q4, Facebook, Mozilla, Loopt Mix
Published: Monday, October 19, 2009
Apple will announce its fourth quarter financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Facebook’s official application for the iPhone and iPod touch will be gaining Push Notification support in an upcoming update. Joe Hewitt, lead developer of the app, has said on Twitter that a minor bug fix update, version 3.03, will be released soon, and that version 3.1—including Push support—will follow.
Mozilla, maker of the Firefox web browser, will soon be releasing an application for the iPhone and iPod touch. In an interview with Om Malik, Mozilla CEO John Lilly said the company will “release an app to the iPhone App Store in the next few weeks,” adding, “it’ll surprise people.” It is unclear exactly what the application might be, but Malik suggests that based on a later conversation with Lilly and Jay Sullivan, Mozilla’s vice president of mobile, the app may involve the company’s Weave technology, which allows users to sync browser preferences to the company’s servers.
Social mapping service Loopt has launched its new Loopt Mix app for the iPhone and iPod touch. At one time simple a feature within the company’s existing iPhone application, Loopt Mix has grown to include features such as the ability to browse profiles of nearby users and post multiple photos and status updates, real-time in-app chatting with Push Notification support, free messaging, and more. Loopt Mix is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac