Mix: AAPL Q4, Facebook, Mozilla, Loopt Mix
Apple will announce its fourth quarter financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Facebook’s official application for the iPhone and iPod touch will be gaining Push Notification support in an upcoming update. Joe Hewitt, lead developer of the app, has said on Twitter that a minor bug fix update, version 3.03, will be released soon, and that version 3.1—including Push support—will follow.
Mozilla, maker of the Firefox web browser, will soon be releasing an application for the iPhone and iPod touch. In an interview with Om Malik, Mozilla CEO John Lilly said the company will “release an app to the iPhone App Store in the next few weeks,” adding, “it’ll surprise people.” It is unclear exactly what the application might be, but Malik suggests that based on a later conversation with Lilly and Jay Sullivan, Mozilla’s vice president of mobile, the app may involve the company’s Weave technology, which allows users to sync browser preferences to the company’s servers.
Social mapping service Loopt has launched its new Loopt Mix app for the iPhone and iPod touch. At one time simple a feature within the company’s existing iPhone application, Loopt Mix has grown to include features such as the ability to browse profiles of nearby users and post multiple photos and status updates, real-time in-app chatting with Push Notification support, free messaging, and more. Loopt Mix is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)