Mix: AAPL Q4, Facebook, Mozilla, Loopt Mix
Apple will announce its fourth quarter financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Facebook’s official application for the iPhone and iPod touch will be gaining Push Notification support in an upcoming update. Joe Hewitt, lead developer of the app, has said on Twitter that a minor bug fix update, version 3.03, will be released soon, and that version 3.1—including Push support—will follow.
Mozilla, maker of the Firefox web browser, will soon be releasing an application for the iPhone and iPod touch. In an interview with Om Malik, Mozilla CEO John Lilly said the company will “release an app to the iPhone App Store in the next few weeks,” adding, “it’ll surprise people.” It is unclear exactly what the application might be, but Malik suggests that based on a later conversation with Lilly and Jay Sullivan, Mozilla’s vice president of mobile, the app may involve the company’s Weave technology, which allows users to sync browser preferences to the company’s servers.
Social mapping service Loopt has launched its new Loopt Mix app for the iPhone and iPod touch. At one time simple a feature within the company’s existing iPhone application, Loopt Mix has grown to include features such as the ability to browse profiles of nearby users and post multiple photos and status updates, real-time in-app chatting with Push Notification support, free messaging, and more. Loopt Mix is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- PureGear DualTek Extreme Shock Case, HIP Case+ and Slim Shell for iPhone 6
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More