Mix: AAPL Q4, Facebook, Mozilla, Loopt Mix
Apple will announce its fourth quarter financial results later today. As it has done in the past, the company also plans to conduct a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter results; the call will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST and will be available as an audio webcast.
Facebook’s official application for the iPhone and iPod touch will be gaining Push Notification support in an upcoming update. Joe Hewitt, lead developer of the app, has said on Twitter that a minor bug fix update, version 3.03, will be released soon, and that version 3.1—including Push support—will follow.
Mozilla, maker of the Firefox web browser, will soon be releasing an application for the iPhone and iPod touch. In an interview with Om Malik, Mozilla CEO John Lilly said the company will “release an app to the iPhone App Store in the next few weeks,” adding, “it’ll surprise people.” It is unclear exactly what the application might be, but Malik suggests that based on a later conversation with Lilly and Jay Sullivan, Mozilla’s vice president of mobile, the app may involve the company’s Weave technology, which allows users to sync browser preferences to the company’s servers.
Social mapping service Loopt has launched its new Loopt Mix app for the iPhone and iPod touch. At one time simple a feature within the company’s existing iPhone application, Loopt Mix has grown to include features such as the ability to browse profiles of nearby users and post multiple photos and status updates, real-time in-app chatting with Push Notification support, free messaging, and more. Loopt Mix is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels