Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
A pair of developers in San Francisco is seeking funding for the Air Guitar Move, a new accessory for the iPhone and iPod touch. The accessory, available for a pledge of $39 or more, will connect via the 30-pin port and will use motion sensing technology to integrate with an app and enable the user to “play” guitar, with the device serving as the guitar neck. The Air Guitar Move’s Kickstarter project has surpassed its funding goal, but is still accepting pledges until July 10.
Designer and engineer Tim Gushue is seeking funding for the InfiniteLoop and miniLoop, new stands designed to work with the iPad/tablets and iPhone/smartphones, respectively. Measuring four feet in length, the InfiniteLoop is able to coil into a small circle, and expands to form a curved stand, with a front “foot” providing support for the bottom of the iPad, while suction cups and or side clips help to hold the device in place. The miniLoop is a two-foot version of the same concept, with a single suction cup cap and clip. Pledges of $19 or more serve as a pre-order for the miniLoop, pledges of $35 or more do the same for the InfiniteLoop, and pledges of $75 or more are good for both. The project has met its funding goal, and production is expected to begin in August.
Who Phoned Home is now offering a TARDIS case for the iPhone 4. Inspired by the show Doctor Who, the case offers full access to all ports and controls, and is made on demand using rapid prototyping technology. It is available in blue, black, and gray, and sells for $40.
Loop Attachment has debuted its Loop Nano watchband for the sixth-generation iPod nano. Made from silicone, the Loop features a stainless steel buckle, a slot for the nano’s clip to ensure a secure fit, and open access to all ports and controls. The Loop Nano is available now in a variety of colors and sells for $20.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels