Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
A pair of developers in San Francisco is seeking funding for the Air Guitar Move, a new accessory for the iPhone and iPod touch. The accessory, available for a pledge of $39 or more, will connect via the 30-pin port and will use motion sensing technology to integrate with an app and enable the user to “play” guitar, with the device serving as the guitar neck. The Air Guitar Move’s Kickstarter project has surpassed its funding goal, but is still accepting pledges until July 10.
Designer and engineer Tim Gushue is seeking funding for the InfiniteLoop and miniLoop, new stands designed to work with the iPad/tablets and iPhone/smartphones, respectively. Measuring four feet in length, the InfiniteLoop is able to coil into a small circle, and expands to form a curved stand, with a front “foot” providing support for the bottom of the iPad, while suction cups and or side clips help to hold the device in place. The miniLoop is a two-foot version of the same concept, with a single suction cup cap and clip. Pledges of $19 or more serve as a pre-order for the miniLoop, pledges of $35 or more do the same for the InfiniteLoop, and pledges of $75 or more are good for both. The project has met its funding goal, and production is expected to begin in August.
Who Phoned Home is now offering a TARDIS case for the iPhone 4. Inspired by the show Doctor Who, the case offers full access to all ports and controls, and is made on demand using rapid prototyping technology. It is available in blue, black, and gray, and sells for $40.
Loop Attachment has debuted its Loop Nano watchband for the sixth-generation iPod nano. Made from silicone, the Loop features a stainless steel buckle, a slot for the nano’s clip to ensure a secure fit, and open access to all ports and controls. The Loop Nano is available now in a variety of colors and sells for $20.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
- Mix: BookExpo, SID awards, Apple Store 2.0, Mobile Privacy
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore