Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
A pair of developers in San Francisco is seeking funding for the Air Guitar Move, a new accessory for the iPhone and iPod touch. The accessory, available for a pledge of $39 or more, will connect via the 30-pin port and will use motion sensing technology to integrate with an app and enable the user to “play” guitar, with the device serving as the guitar neck. The Air Guitar Move’s Kickstarter project has surpassed its funding goal, but is still accepting pledges until July 10.
Designer and engineer Tim Gushue is seeking funding for the InfiniteLoop and miniLoop, new stands designed to work with the iPad/tablets and iPhone/smartphones, respectively. Measuring four feet in length, the InfiniteLoop is able to coil into a small circle, and expands to form a curved stand, with a front “foot” providing support for the bottom of the iPad, while suction cups and or side clips help to hold the device in place. The miniLoop is a two-foot version of the same concept, with a single suction cup cap and clip. Pledges of $19 or more serve as a pre-order for the miniLoop, pledges of $35 or more do the same for the InfiniteLoop, and pledges of $75 or more are good for both. The project has met its funding goal, and production is expected to begin in August.
Who Phoned Home is now offering a TARDIS case for the iPhone 4. Inspired by the show Doctor Who, the case offers full access to all ports and controls, and is made on demand using rapid prototyping technology. It is available in blue, black, and gray, and sells for $40.
Loop Attachment has debuted its Loop Nano watchband for the sixth-generation iPod nano. Made from silicone, the Loop features a stainless steel buckle, a slot for the nano’s clip to ensure a secure fit, and open access to all ports and controls. The Loop Nano is available now in a variety of colors and sells for $20.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4
- Report: GT Advanced struggled with sapphire production
- Report: Apple plans to integrate Beats Music directly into iOS
- Apple plans to ‘repurpose’ Arizona manufacturing plant, save jobs
- Apple announces WatchKit software tools available to developers now
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M in pager technology settlement
- Apple opens up Lightning port to third-party manufacturers, begins accepting HomeKit plans
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Logitech Keys-to-Go For iPad
- IvySkin Renegade for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Infinity Infinity One Wireless Speaker
- Twelve South PlugBug World iPad/iPhone Charger
- Pelican Protector for iPhone 6 and Voyager for iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Flip for iPhone 6
- Griffin Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0