Mix: Air Guitar, Rick Rocketson, Candy Wars, Lil Jon
Inedible Software has released Air Guitar, a new motion-based music app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Started by two Stanford University students, Inedible’s Air Guitar began as a final project for the school’s iPhone Application Programming class. The app displays an onscreen fretboard, letting the user physically strum to create music, with the ability to tilt for whammy bar effects. Users can strum harder to play louder, pick from preset progressions or customize their own, and choose between guitar or bass. Air Guitar is available now and sells for $2.
Liquid Air Lab has released Rick Rocketson Pro, a run ‘n’ jump-style platformer for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game features graphics similar to those found on 16-bit consoles, and offers users 14 levels to explore. Players must use their lazerblasters, as well as grenades and health and ammunition packages to fight enemies such as space hedgehogs and evil space pirates. Rick Rocketson Pro sells for $2 on the App Store; a Free preview version is also available.
Catamount Software has released Prohibition 3: Candy Wars, a turn-based strategy game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Candy Wars is actually a re-skinned version of the company’s Prohibition 2: The Dope Wars, which was rejected by Apple and was itself a remake of the DOS game DrugWars. In Candy Wars, users play a candy dealer in the year 2040, selling and distributing treats such as sugar sticks, brownies, and rock candy during an age of candy prohibition. Prohibition 3: Candy Wars is available now for $1.
Gabe Jacobs Productions has released Lil Jon: The Soundboard for iPhone OS devices. The app offers buttons for playing a variety of the rapper’s catchphrases, including two of Dave Chappelle’s impressions—“What!?” and “Okay!” 16 different audio clips in all are included. Lil Jon: The Soundboard is available now and sells for $1.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?