Mix: Air Guitar, Rick Rocketson, Candy Wars, Lil Jon
Inedible Software has released Air Guitar, a new motion-based music app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Started by two Stanford University students, Inedible’s Air Guitar began as a final project for the school’s iPhone Application Programming class. The app displays an onscreen fretboard, letting the user physically strum to create music, with the ability to tilt for whammy bar effects. Users can strum harder to play louder, pick from preset progressions or customize their own, and choose between guitar or bass. Air Guitar is available now and sells for $2.
Liquid Air Lab has released Rick Rocketson Pro, a run ‘n’ jump-style platformer for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game features graphics similar to those found on 16-bit consoles, and offers users 14 levels to explore. Players must use their lazerblasters, as well as grenades and health and ammunition packages to fight enemies such as space hedgehogs and evil space pirates. Rick Rocketson Pro sells for $2 on the App Store; a Free preview version is also available.
Catamount Software has released Prohibition 3: Candy Wars, a turn-based strategy game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Candy Wars is actually a re-skinned version of the company’s Prohibition 2: The Dope Wars, which was rejected by Apple and was itself a remake of the DOS game DrugWars. In Candy Wars, users play a candy dealer in the year 2040, selling and distributing treats such as sugar sticks, brownies, and rock candy during an age of candy prohibition. Prohibition 3: Candy Wars is available now for $1.
Gabe Jacobs Productions has released Lil Jon: The Soundboard for iPhone OS devices. The app offers buttons for playing a variety of the rapper’s catchphrases, including two of Dave Chappelle’s impressions—“What!?” and “Okay!” 16 different audio clips in all are included. Lil Jon: The Soundboard is available now and sells for $1.
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?