Mix: Air Guitar, Rick Rocketson, Candy Wars, Lil Jon
Inedible Software has released Air Guitar, a new motion-based music app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Started by two Stanford University students, Inedible’s Air Guitar began as a final project for the school’s iPhone Application Programming class. The app displays an onscreen fretboard, letting the user physically strum to create music, with the ability to tilt for whammy bar effects. Users can strum harder to play louder, pick from preset progressions or customize their own, and choose between guitar or bass. Air Guitar is available now and sells for $2.
Liquid Air Lab has released Rick Rocketson Pro, a run ‘n’ jump-style platformer for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game features graphics similar to those found on 16-bit consoles, and offers users 14 levels to explore. Players must use their lazerblasters, as well as grenades and health and ammunition packages to fight enemies such as space hedgehogs and evil space pirates. Rick Rocketson Pro sells for $2 on the App Store; a Free preview version is also available.
Catamount Software has released Prohibition 3: Candy Wars, a turn-based strategy game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Candy Wars is actually a re-skinned version of the company’s Prohibition 2: The Dope Wars, which was rejected by Apple and was itself a remake of the DOS game DrugWars. In Candy Wars, users play a candy dealer in the year 2040, selling and distributing treats such as sugar sticks, brownies, and rock candy during an age of candy prohibition. Prohibition 3: Candy Wars is available now for $1.
Gabe Jacobs Productions has released Lil Jon: The Soundboard for iPhone OS devices. The app offers buttons for playing a variety of the rapper’s catchphrases, including two of Dave Chappelle’s impressions—“What!?” and “Okay!” 16 different audio clips in all are included. Lil Jon: The Soundboard is available now and sells for $1.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0