Mix: AirTunes & iTunes 8.0, Let’s Rock, iToner, Nike+iPod
According to an Apple support discussion thread, a number of users are reporting errors when trying to stream music to an Airport Express or Apple TV following installation of iTunes 8.0. Users reporting unknown errors -15000 and -3256 have found some workarounds, however, ranging from changing firewall settings to turning on IPv6. Are you having problems with your Airport Express after installing iTunes 8.0? Let us know in the comments. [via Engadget]
Apple is now offering QuickTime video streams of yesterday’s “Let’s Rock” special event, during which Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced the fourth-generation iPod nano, second-generation iPod touch, and second-generation iPod classic. Both standard- and high-definition streams are available; the event is also available through Apple’s official Keynotes podcast.
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 1.0.9, the latest update to its iPhone custom ringtone creation software. Along with support for the newly-released iTunes 8.0, iToner 1.0.9 features the ability to remove all ringtones by option-clicking the delete button, a fix for verifying the ringtone format versus the firmware version, and other minor bug fixes. iToner requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later and sells for $15; a free trial download is also available.
Apple has reportedly confirmed that Nike+iPod integration, featured in the new second-generation iPod touch, will not be coming to prior iPod touch, iPhone, or iPhone 3G models. According to the report, the restriction stems from the technology required to connect the touch 2G to the receiver without using the standard dongle, which is absent in prior devices. Furthermore, the report claims that Apple said the dongle will not work with the devices listed above.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels