Mix: AirTunes & iTunes 8.0, Let’s Rock, iToner, Nike+iPod
According to an Apple support discussion thread, a number of users are reporting errors when trying to stream music to an Airport Express or Apple TV following installation of iTunes 8.0. Users reporting unknown errors -15000 and -3256 have found some workarounds, however, ranging from changing firewall settings to turning on IPv6. Are you having problems with your Airport Express after installing iTunes 8.0? Let us know in the comments. [via Engadget]
Apple is now offering QuickTime video streams of yesterday’s “Let’s Rock” special event, during which Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced the fourth-generation iPod nano, second-generation iPod touch, and second-generation iPod classic. Both standard- and high-definition streams are available; the event is also available through Apple’s official Keynotes podcast.
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 1.0.9, the latest update to its iPhone custom ringtone creation software. Along with support for the newly-released iTunes 8.0, iToner 1.0.9 features the ability to remove all ringtones by option-clicking the delete button, a fix for verifying the ringtone format versus the firmware version, and other minor bug fixes. iToner requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later and sells for $15; a free trial download is also available.
Apple has reportedly confirmed that Nike+iPod integration, featured in the new second-generation iPod touch, will not be coming to prior iPod touch, iPhone, or iPhone 3G models. According to the report, the restriction stems from the technology required to connect the touch 2G to the receiver without using the standard dongle, which is absent in prior devices. Furthermore, the report claims that Apple said the dongle will not work with the devices listed above.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0