Mix: Amazon-TiVo, ARM iPhone, FCC letter, iPod giver
Amazon.com and TiVo have announced a new service that lets users watch movies and TV shows downloaded from Amazon’s Unbox video store on their television. The videos are streamed from a PC to a user’s TiVo box.
Warren East, president and CEO of ARM Holdings, has confirmed that “at least three” processor cores developed by his company will power Apple’s iPhone. Information Week reports: “Further to an ‘email to the editor’ which estimated that there may be three ARM processor cores in the Apple iPhone, reports came forward that the main CPU for the iPhone is a PXA320, formerly the Monahan applications processor from Intel Corp., now supplied by Marvell Technology Group Ltd.”
LoopRumors claims to have discovered a letter from Apple to the FCC, in which Apple asks the commission to insure that sensitive information on the iPhone remain confidential until June 15, 2007. Update: This letter has been disclaimed as a hoax, based upon a previous filing for Apple’s AirPort Extreme Base Station.
The Londonist has interviewed Matthew Smith, a London area man who takes broken iPods, fixes them, and gives them back out to others on the freecycle community for free.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?