Mix: Apple Environmental Update, ngmoco, iPod lawsuit
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has posted a new update discussing the company’s environmental progress through 2008 and announcing new Product Environmental Reports for each new Apple product introduced. “For the past several years, Apple has made a concerted effort to be more transparent about the steps we are taking to protect the environment and make our business more sustainable. In this environmental update, I’d like to inform you of our recent progress and introduce you to a groundbreaking system of reporting that we believe is unmatched in our industry,” Jobs writes. “We’re approaching this issue at a product level because we think it’s the best way to help our customers make informed decisions about their own carbon footprint and how to reduce it. I encourage you to check out these new reports.”
iPhone and iPod touch game developer and publisher ngmoco has revealed its first three releases. Described by the company as a “flagship premium game,” Rolando is a platform-style game developed by Hand Circus in which players will need to solve puzzles and navigate obstacles through 36 levels in order to save the world from “forces of darkness.” It will be available later this fall. MazeFinger is an arcade-style game in which players must touch their way through 1000 unique mazes while battling the clock. It will be available on the App Store this weekend for $1. Topple is a fast-paced tower-building game with multiple levels and game modes. It will be available later this month.
Taiwanese manufacturer Luxpro has filed a lawsuit against Apple with the United States District Court in Arkansas, accusing the company of “unending aspiration to monopolize the worldwide MP3 player market by preventing fair competition from smaller MP3 player manufacturers.” The complaint goes on to state that Apple “deliberately makes digital music purchased at the iTunes Store inoperable with its competitor’s MP3 players.” Apple has yet to comment on the matter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0