Mix: Apple Environmental Update, ngmoco, iPod lawsuit
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has posted a new update discussing the company’s environmental progress through 2008 and announcing new Product Environmental Reports for each new Apple product introduced. “For the past several years, Apple has made a concerted effort to be more transparent about the steps we are taking to protect the environment and make our business more sustainable. In this environmental update, I’d like to inform you of our recent progress and introduce you to a groundbreaking system of reporting that we believe is unmatched in our industry,” Jobs writes. “We’re approaching this issue at a product level because we think it’s the best way to help our customers make informed decisions about their own carbon footprint and how to reduce it. I encourage you to check out these new reports.”
iPhone and iPod touch game developer and publisher ngmoco has revealed its first three releases. Described by the company as a “flagship premium game,” Rolando is a platform-style game developed by Hand Circus in which players will need to solve puzzles and navigate obstacles through 36 levels in order to save the world from “forces of darkness.” It will be available later this fall. MazeFinger is an arcade-style game in which players must touch their way through 1000 unique mazes while battling the clock. It will be available on the App Store this weekend for $1. Topple is a fast-paced tower-building game with multiple levels and game modes. It will be available later this month.
Taiwanese manufacturer Luxpro has filed a lawsuit against Apple with the United States District Court in Arkansas, accusing the company of “unending aspiration to monopolize the worldwide MP3 player market by preventing fair competition from smaller MP3 player manufacturers.” The complaint goes on to state that Apple “deliberately makes digital music purchased at the iTunes Store inoperable with its competitor’s MP3 players.” Apple has yet to comment on the matter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014