Mix: Apple Environmental Update, ngmoco, iPod lawsuit
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has posted a new update discussing the company’s environmental progress through 2008 and announcing new Product Environmental Reports for each new Apple product introduced. “For the past several years, Apple has made a concerted effort to be more transparent about the steps we are taking to protect the environment and make our business more sustainable. In this environmental update, I’d like to inform you of our recent progress and introduce you to a groundbreaking system of reporting that we believe is unmatched in our industry,” Jobs writes. “We’re approaching this issue at a product level because we think it’s the best way to help our customers make informed decisions about their own carbon footprint and how to reduce it. I encourage you to check out these new reports.”
iPhone and iPod touch game developer and publisher ngmoco has revealed its first three releases. Described by the company as a “flagship premium game,” Rolando is a platform-style game developed by Hand Circus in which players will need to solve puzzles and navigate obstacles through 36 levels in order to save the world from “forces of darkness.” It will be available later this fall. MazeFinger is an arcade-style game in which players must touch their way through 1000 unique mazes while battling the clock. It will be available on the App Store this weekend for $1. Topple is a fast-paced tower-building game with multiple levels and game modes. It will be available later this month.
Taiwanese manufacturer Luxpro has filed a lawsuit against Apple with the United States District Court in Arkansas, accusing the company of “unending aspiration to monopolize the worldwide MP3 player market by preventing fair competition from smaller MP3 player manufacturers.” The complaint goes on to state that Apple “deliberately makes digital music purchased at the iTunes Store inoperable with its competitor’s MP3 players.” Apple has yet to comment on the matter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010