Mix: Apple Environmental Update, ngmoco, iPod lawsuit
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has posted a new update discussing the company’s environmental progress through 2008 and announcing new Product Environmental Reports for each new Apple product introduced. “For the past several years, Apple has made a concerted effort to be more transparent about the steps we are taking to protect the environment and make our business more sustainable. In this environmental update, I’d like to inform you of our recent progress and introduce you to a groundbreaking system of reporting that we believe is unmatched in our industry,” Jobs writes. “We’re approaching this issue at a product level because we think it’s the best way to help our customers make informed decisions about their own carbon footprint and how to reduce it. I encourage you to check out these new reports.”
iPhone and iPod touch game developer and publisher ngmoco has revealed its first three releases. Described by the company as a “flagship premium game,” Rolando is a platform-style game developed by Hand Circus in which players will need to solve puzzles and navigate obstacles through 36 levels in order to save the world from “forces of darkness.” It will be available later this fall. MazeFinger is an arcade-style game in which players must touch their way through 1000 unique mazes while battling the clock. It will be available on the App Store this weekend for $1. Topple is a fast-paced tower-building game with multiple levels and game modes. It will be available later this month.
Taiwanese manufacturer Luxpro has filed a lawsuit against Apple with the United States District Court in Arkansas, accusing the company of “unending aspiration to monopolize the worldwide MP3 player market by preventing fair competition from smaller MP3 player manufacturers.” The complaint goes on to state that Apple “deliberately makes digital music purchased at the iTunes Store inoperable with its competitor’s MP3 players.” Apple has yet to comment on the matter.
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?