Mix: Apple results, NAND flash, iPod thefts, iPod Bundle
As expected, Apple has told the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that its quarterly report will not be filed on time because of the reviewing of stock option grants. Apple said on Friday it expected “significant changes” to its results from operations for its fiscal third quarter.
According to Digitimes, Samsung is getting ready for a large NAND flash memory order from Apple. Samsung has reportedly started “converting about 4 percent of its current 12-inch wafer production capacity from DRAM to NAND flash to be ready for upcoming demand from Apple, according to sources at distributors.”
Thefts of iPods, MP3 players and other similar gadgets are up 34 percent from last year in Los Angeles, California. The thefts make up for around 1,700 of the city’s 8,000 total reported robberies, according to the Los Angeles Times.
ZappTek has announced its iPod Bundle, which includes iPDA, iPresent It and iSpeak It for $45—a $13 savings over purchasing them separately. “You get iPDA for managing your PIM information and putting documents and RSS feeds onto your iPod, iPresent It for giving presentations, and iSpeak It for listening to your documents and RSS feeds.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0