Mix: Apple results, NAND flash, iPod thefts, iPod Bundle
As expected, Apple has told the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that its quarterly report will not be filed on time because of the reviewing of stock option grants. Apple said on Friday it expected “significant changes” to its results from operations for its fiscal third quarter.
According to Digitimes, Samsung is getting ready for a large NAND flash memory order from Apple. Samsung has reportedly started “converting about 4 percent of its current 12-inch wafer production capacity from DRAM to NAND flash to be ready for upcoming demand from Apple, according to sources at distributors.”
Thefts of iPods, MP3 players and other similar gadgets are up 34 percent from last year in Los Angeles, California. The thefts make up for around 1,700 of the city’s 8,000 total reported robberies, according to the Los Angeles Times.
ZappTek has announced its iPod Bundle, which includes iPDA, iPresent It and iSpeak It for $45—a $13 savings over purchasing them separately. “You get iPDA for managing your PIM information and putting documents and RSS feeds onto your iPod, iPresent It for giving presentations, and iSpeak It for listening to your documents and RSS feeds.”
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?