Mix: Apple results, NAND flash, iPod thefts, iPod Bundle
As expected, Apple has told the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that its quarterly report will not be filed on time because of the reviewing of stock option grants. Apple said on Friday it expected “significant changes” to its results from operations for its fiscal third quarter.
According to Digitimes, Samsung is getting ready for a large NAND flash memory order from Apple. Samsung has reportedly started “converting about 4 percent of its current 12-inch wafer production capacity from DRAM to NAND flash to be ready for upcoming demand from Apple, according to sources at distributors.”
Thefts of iPods, MP3 players and other similar gadgets are up 34 percent from last year in Los Angeles, California. The thefts make up for around 1,700 of the city’s 8,000 total reported robberies, according to the Los Angeles Times.
ZappTek has announced its iPod Bundle, which includes iPDA, iPresent It and iSpeak It for $45—a $13 savings over purchasing them separately. “You get iPDA for managing your PIM information and putting documents and RSS feeds onto your iPod, iPresent It for giving presentations, and iSpeak It for listening to your documents and RSS feeds.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards