Mix: Apple results, NAND flash, iPod thefts, iPod Bundle
As expected, Apple has told the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that its quarterly report will not be filed on time because of the reviewing of stock option grants. Apple said on Friday it expected “significant changes” to its results from operations for its fiscal third quarter.
According to Digitimes, Samsung is getting ready for a large NAND flash memory order from Apple. Samsung has reportedly started “converting about 4 percent of its current 12-inch wafer production capacity from DRAM to NAND flash to be ready for upcoming demand from Apple, according to sources at distributors.”
Thefts of iPods, MP3 players and other similar gadgets are up 34 percent from last year in Los Angeles, California. The thefts make up for around 1,700 of the city’s 8,000 total reported robberies, according to the Los Angeles Times.
ZappTek has announced its iPod Bundle, which includes iPDA, iPresent It and iSpeak It for $45—a $13 savings over purchasing them separately. “You get iPDA for managing your PIM information and putting documents and RSS feeds onto your iPod, iPresent It for giving presentations, and iSpeak It for listening to your documents and RSS feeds.”
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?