Mix: Apple TV hacks, YouTube rival, Vodafone, Sea cruises
The Apple TV hacking begins with one user who claims to have upgraded his unit with a 120GB hard drive, while another user has added support for DivX video files. In addition, TechRestore has posted dissection photos of an Apple TV.
To counter YouTube, News Corp. and NBC are teaming up to launch a new online video service with television and movie content from both networks. The site, which doesn’t have a name yet, will launch this summer. AOL, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo! will be “distribution partners.”
The Guardian reports: “Apple wants to secure a deal with a single pan-European network for the launch of its iPhone by the end of the year, with industry insiders suggesting Vodafone has emerged as an early front runner.”
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is now offering audio walking tours for port cities that passengers can download onto an iPod for $15. Each 90-minute tour comes with a map and features “commentary, historical context, a touch of humor and exclusive tips.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?