Mix: Apple TV, iPhone apps, Ringtones, USA Today
A patch has been released that enables the Apple TV to boot from its internal drive, but use an external USB drive as primary storage. The hack requires a ssh-enabled Apple TV, an Intel-based Mac or Unix system, an installed version of Mac OS X 10.4 for Intel, an original, unmodified copy of the “mach_kernel.prelink” file from the Apple TV, and an external USB drive formatted using “Journaled HFS+.”
A system preference file found in the iPhone’s firmware lists several applications, including unit converter, translation, world clock, and radio, that aren’t currently on the handset. It is unknown whether these listings are placeholders for future iPhone applications.
Erica Sadun from TUAW has written a brief tutorial explaining how to create iPhone ringtones from iTunes Store preview clips. The procedure requires access to the iPhone’s file system.
USA Today has listed Apple CEO Steve Jobs at number three on its list of the Top 25 Most influential business leaders of the last 25 years. Ahead of Jobs on the list are Microsoft’s Bill Gates and former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards