Mix: Atari classics, iBlogger, Case-mate Film, Radiohead
Atari has released newly-remade versions of its classic games Missile Command and Super Breakout on the App Store. The games, which sell for $5 each, include updated graphics and two player support, along with other improvements. Both are available now from the App Store.
illumineX has introduced iBlogger, its new mobile blogging application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app offers automatic configuration for easy addition of accounts from popular blogging software platforms such as WordPress, MovableType, ExpressionEngine, TypePad, and Blogger, and feature support for adding pictures, location links, tags, and secure https connections (if the blog software supports it). It is available now from the App Store, and sells for $10.
Case-mate has launched its Clear Armor protective film for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch. Made from high-quality 3M Scotchgard Protection Film, Clear Armor completely covers the front and back of the iPod, and is engineered to prevent damage upon removal. Case-mate’s Clear Armor for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G is available now and sells for $15 and $20, respectively.
Following their prior remix initiative for “Nude,” Radiohead has launched another set of instrument stems for their song “Reckoner,” giving fans access to the backing vocals, bass, drums, guitars, lead vocal, and piano tracks from which they can make their own remixes. Unlike the prior release, which charged for each individual instrument track, users can purchase all six stems for $1, and fans who purchase the set before October 7 will receive an access code to download a free GarageBand project file for use when remixing; however, users need not use GarageBand to create their remixes, as the stems sold on the iTunes Store are DRM-free iTunes Plus tracks, and are compatible with a number of software programs. Users may then upload their remixes to radioheadremix.com, where the public can listen to and vote for their favorite versions. The Reckoner (Instrument Stems) EP is available now from the iTunes Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015