Mix: Atari classics, iBlogger, Case-mate Film, Radiohead
Published: Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Atari has released newly-remade versions of its classic games Missile Command and Super Breakout on the App Store. The games, which sell for $5 each, include updated graphics and two player support, along with other improvements. Both are available now from the App Store.
illumineX has introduced iBlogger, its new mobile blogging application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app offers automatic configuration for easy addition of accounts from popular blogging software platforms such as WordPress, MovableType, ExpressionEngine, TypePad, and Blogger, and feature support for adding pictures, location links, tags, and secure https connections (if the blog software supports it). It is available now from the App Store, and sells for $10.
Case-mate has launched its Clear Armor protective film for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch. Made from high-quality 3M Scotchgard Protection Film, Clear Armor completely covers the front and back of the iPod, and is engineered to prevent damage upon removal. Case-mate’s Clear Armor for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G is available now and sells for $15 and $20, respectively.
Following their prior remix initiative for “Nude,” Radiohead has launched another set of instrument stems for their song “Reckoner,” giving fans access to the backing vocals, bass, drums, guitars, lead vocal, and piano tracks from which they can make their own remixes. Unlike the prior release, which charged for each individual instrument track, users can purchase all six stems for $1, and fans who purchase the set before October 7 will receive an access code to download a free GarageBand project file for use when remixing; however, users need not use GarageBand to create their remixes, as the stems sold on the iTunes Store are DRM-free iTunes Plus tracks, and are compatible with a number of software programs. Users may then upload their remixes to radioheadremix.com, where the public can listen to and vote for their favorite versions. The Reckoner (Instrument Stems) EP is available now from the iTunes Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac