Mix: Atari classics, iBlogger, Case-mate Film, Radiohead
Atari has released newly-remade versions of its classic games Missile Command and Super Breakout on the App Store. The games, which sell for $5 each, include updated graphics and two player support, along with other improvements. Both are available now from the App Store.
illumineX has introduced iBlogger, its new mobile blogging application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app offers automatic configuration for easy addition of accounts from popular blogging software platforms such as WordPress, MovableType, ExpressionEngine, TypePad, and Blogger, and feature support for adding pictures, location links, tags, and secure https connections (if the blog software supports it). It is available now from the App Store, and sells for $10.
Case-mate has launched its Clear Armor protective film for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch. Made from high-quality 3M Scotchgard Protection Film, Clear Armor completely covers the front and back of the iPod, and is engineered to prevent damage upon removal. Case-mate’s Clear Armor for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G is available now and sells for $15 and $20, respectively.
Following their prior remix initiative for “Nude,” Radiohead has launched another set of instrument stems for their song “Reckoner,” giving fans access to the backing vocals, bass, drums, guitars, lead vocal, and piano tracks from which they can make their own remixes. Unlike the prior release, which charged for each individual instrument track, users can purchase all six stems for $1, and fans who purchase the set before October 7 will receive an access code to download a free GarageBand project file for use when remixing; however, users need not use GarageBand to create their remixes, as the stems sold on the iTunes Store are DRM-free iTunes Plus tracks, and are compatible with a number of software programs. Users may then upload their remixes to radioheadremix.com, where the public can listen to and vote for their favorite versions. The Reckoner (Instrument Stems) EP is available now from the iTunes Store.
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!