Mix: AT&T breaks, Fortune 500, NSA, iPad Pedestal
Citing multiple AT&T sources, the Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has put a block on employee vacations in June. According to the report, the “only” times AT&T has done a straight block such as this is for iPhone releases, suggesting the next-generation iPhone will launch that month.
Apple has jumped from 71st to 56th in the latest annual Fortune 500 rankings. Ahead of Apple on the list are competitors HP, which ranked 10th, and Dell, which ranked 38th. Notably, Fortune did not take into account Apple’s change in accounting practices, which would have left the company with $46.7 billion in revenues, instead of $36.5 billion as listed, a change large enough to have moved Apple into 43rd place. The list is based on the companies’ gross revenue after adjustments made to exclude the impact of excise taxes; if ranked by market value, Apple would be far ahead of both Dell and HP, with a market value of $209 billion, compared to values of $29 billion for Dell and $125 billion for HP.
Speaking in a congressional hearing, Lieutenant General Keith Alexander, head of the National Security Agency, revealed that he is an iPad user. “I am a technologist. I love computers. I have a new iPad,” Alexander said to the committee, calling the device “wonderful.”
NewPCgadgets has introduced its new Pedestal Base for the iPad. Made from glossy black acrylic, the Pedestal Base was designed to “match Apples own viewing preferences,” with the back raised two inches and the front one inch; other features include a slot for cable pass-through and management, non-skid pads, and the ability to hold an iPad in either horizontal or vertical position. The Pedestal Base for iPad is available now and sells for $30.
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?