Mix: AT&T breaks, Fortune 500, NSA, iPad Pedestal
Citing multiple AT&T sources, the Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has put a block on employee vacations in June. According to the report, the “only” times AT&T has done a straight block such as this is for iPhone releases, suggesting the next-generation iPhone will launch that month.
Apple has jumped from 71st to 56th in the latest annual Fortune 500 rankings. Ahead of Apple on the list are competitors HP, which ranked 10th, and Dell, which ranked 38th. Notably, Fortune did not take into account Apple’s change in accounting practices, which would have left the company with $46.7 billion in revenues, instead of $36.5 billion as listed, a change large enough to have moved Apple into 43rd place. The list is based on the companies’ gross revenue after adjustments made to exclude the impact of excise taxes; if ranked by market value, Apple would be far ahead of both Dell and HP, with a market value of $209 billion, compared to values of $29 billion for Dell and $125 billion for HP.
Speaking in a congressional hearing, Lieutenant General Keith Alexander, head of the National Security Agency, revealed that he is an iPad user. “I am a technologist. I love computers. I have a new iPad,” Alexander said to the committee, calling the device “wonderful.”
NewPCgadgets has introduced its new Pedestal Base for the iPad. Made from glossy black acrylic, the Pedestal Base was designed to “match Apples own viewing preferences,” with the back raised two inches and the front one inch; other features include a slot for cable pass-through and management, non-skid pads, and the ability to hold an iPad in either horizontal or vertical position. The Pedestal Base for iPad is available now and sells for $30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0