Mix: AT&T, Nokia patents, Volkswagen Real Racing, MySpace + iTunes
AT&T reported their third-quarter financial results today, crediting the iPhone for stronger-than-expected profits. AT&T reported 3.2 million iPhone activations during the third quarter with nearly 40 percent of those activations coming from new customers. [via Reuters]
Nokia announced today that it has filed a complaint against Apple alleging that the iPhone infringes on several Nokia patents for GSM, UMTS and wireless LAN standards. The specific patents cover wireless data, speech coding, security and encryption; Nokia alleges that these are infringed by all iPhone models shipped since the original iPhone was introduced in 2007.
Volkswagen of American announced today that it has launched its new 2010 GTI in a novel way, showing the car alongside a free version of Firemint’s Real Racing that focuses on the new car. Players in the U.S. can compete for the chance to win one of six limited-edition 2010 GTIs. The Real Racing GTI app is available from the App Store now.
MySpace is expanding into new music initiatives, including a new Artist Dashboard feature for musicians, and a free, ad-supported music video library. Artist pages on MySpace will now provide additional information and links to purchase content online via the iTunes Store. [via CNBC]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards