Mix: AT&T, Nokia patents, Volkswagen Real Racing, MySpace + iTunes
AT&T reported their third-quarter financial results today, crediting the iPhone for stronger-than-expected profits. AT&T reported 3.2 million iPhone activations during the third quarter with nearly 40 percent of those activations coming from new customers. [via Reuters]
Nokia announced today that it has filed a complaint against Apple alleging that the iPhone infringes on several Nokia patents for GSM, UMTS and wireless LAN standards. The specific patents cover wireless data, speech coding, security and encryption; Nokia alleges that these are infringed by all iPhone models shipped since the original iPhone was introduced in 2007.
Volkswagen of American announced today that it has launched its new 2010 GTI in a novel way, showing the car alongside a free version of Firemint’s Real Racing that focuses on the new car. Players in the U.S. can compete for the chance to win one of six limited-edition 2010 GTIs. The Real Racing GTI app is available from the App Store now.
MySpace is expanding into new music initiatives, including a new Artist Dashboard feature for musicians, and a free, ad-supported music video library. Artist pages on MySpace will now provide additional information and links to purchase content online via the iTunes Store. [via CNBC]
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?