Mix: Audible, Fifth Avenue, Britney, BitTorrent, Clickwheel
Audible.com said nearly a quarter of its first-quarter revenues came from sales of content through the iTunes Music Store. Audbile CEO Don Katz said iTunes sales totaled $4.4 million, or 23% of revenues. Revenue from the Music Store “has been growing like crazy,” Katz said.
Britney Spears says she is the only member of her family who doesn’t own an iPod. “My husband has an iPod and my sister has one in hot pink—we need to get me an iPod,” she said. “Everybody has one but me.” [via Macworld UK]
Reuters reports: “Warner Bros.‘s video unit on Tuesday unveiled plans to sell movies and television shows to BitTorrent Inc. for legal downloads from the Web site that was once blamed for aiding the swapping of illegally copied films and programs.”
Clickwheel distributes artists’ comics in an iPod-ready format. Clickwheel’s first features are the movie-themed gag strip “Joe Loves Crappy Movies” by Joseph Dunn; the punning gag strip “Silent Kimbly” by Ryan Sias; the fantasy sitcom “Sebo” by Jamie Robertson; Colin White’s autobiographical “Colin White Comix”; and Joe Alterio’s youth-and-quest story “Fading Fast.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?