Mix: BBC HD, LaserPup, FlightTrack Pro, Agent 18
BBC Worldwide plans to offer its programs in high-definition through the UK iTunes Store, according a new report. A BBC spokesperson told Crave that the company “will at some point soon be releasing HD titles on iTunes in the UK,” adding that more details would be made available “in the coming weeks.” HD television downloads were added to the UK iTunes Store only recently.
iLounge reader Joe has created an interesting iPhone-controlled, Internet-enabled dog toy he calls “LaserPup.” The system consists of two servos, a buzzer, and a laser pointer, which work to move the laser pointer dot around on the floor, entertaining the dog while Joe is away. The buzzer sounds to let the dog know when playtime is beginning and ending, while an X10 light helps the dog see and a webcam allows Joe to monitor the action. The entire setup is controlled via an I/O Bridge with Servo Module, which is controlled over the Internet via Joe’s iPhone. A video of the LaserPup in action is available on YouTube. [Thanks, Joe]
Appropos Mobile has released FlightTrack Pro, an upgraded version of its FlightTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch. FlightTrack Pro lets users integrate with their online Tripit accounts, syncing flight itineraries automatically with the service. In addition, FlightTrack Pro offers the ability to track cancellations, delays, gate changes, and more, without the need to retype flight information, live flight tracker maps with radar, local weather, time, and temperature display, and the ability to email itineraries to colleagues. FlightTrack Pro is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Agent 18 is offering iLounge readers a special Valentine’s Day discount on its FlowerVest cases for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, and iPod touch. Simply enter the coupon code “AgentValentine” during checkout on the company’s website for a 40% discount. The code is valid until February 15, 2009.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0