Mix: BBC HD, LaserPup, FlightTrack Pro, Agent 18
BBC Worldwide plans to offer its programs in high-definition through the UK iTunes Store, according a new report. A BBC spokesperson told Crave that the company “will at some point soon be releasing HD titles on iTunes in the UK,” adding that more details would be made available “in the coming weeks.” HD television downloads were added to the UK iTunes Store only recently.
iLounge reader Joe has created an interesting iPhone-controlled, Internet-enabled dog toy he calls “LaserPup.” The system consists of two servos, a buzzer, and a laser pointer, which work to move the laser pointer dot around on the floor, entertaining the dog while Joe is away. The buzzer sounds to let the dog know when playtime is beginning and ending, while an X10 light helps the dog see and a webcam allows Joe to monitor the action. The entire setup is controlled via an I/O Bridge with Servo Module, which is controlled over the Internet via Joe’s iPhone. A video of the LaserPup in action is available on YouTube. [Thanks, Joe]
Appropos Mobile has released FlightTrack Pro, an upgraded version of its FlightTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch. FlightTrack Pro lets users integrate with their online Tripit accounts, syncing flight itineraries automatically with the service. In addition, FlightTrack Pro offers the ability to track cancellations, delays, gate changes, and more, without the need to retype flight information, live flight tracker maps with radar, local weather, time, and temperature display, and the ability to email itineraries to colleagues. FlightTrack Pro is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Agent 18 is offering iLounge readers a special Valentine’s Day discount on its FlowerVest cases for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, and iPod touch. Simply enter the coupon code “AgentValentine” during checkout on the company’s website for a 40% discount. The code is valid until February 15, 2009.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?