Mix: BBC HD, LaserPup, FlightTrack Pro, Agent 18
BBC Worldwide plans to offer its programs in high-definition through the UK iTunes Store, according a new report. A BBC spokesperson told Crave that the company “will at some point soon be releasing HD titles on iTunes in the UK,” adding that more details would be made available “in the coming weeks.” HD television downloads were added to the UK iTunes Store only recently.
iLounge reader Joe has created an interesting iPhone-controlled, Internet-enabled dog toy he calls “LaserPup.” The system consists of two servos, a buzzer, and a laser pointer, which work to move the laser pointer dot around on the floor, entertaining the dog while Joe is away. The buzzer sounds to let the dog know when playtime is beginning and ending, while an X10 light helps the dog see and a webcam allows Joe to monitor the action. The entire setup is controlled via an I/O Bridge with Servo Module, which is controlled over the Internet via Joe’s iPhone. A video of the LaserPup in action is available on YouTube. [Thanks, Joe]
Appropos Mobile has released FlightTrack Pro, an upgraded version of its FlightTrack application for the iPhone and iPod touch. FlightTrack Pro lets users integrate with their online Tripit accounts, syncing flight itineraries automatically with the service. In addition, FlightTrack Pro offers the ability to track cancellations, delays, gate changes, and more, without the need to retype flight information, live flight tracker maps with radar, local weather, time, and temperature display, and the ability to email itineraries to colleagues. FlightTrack Pro is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Agent 18 is offering iLounge readers a special Valentine’s Day discount on its FlowerVest cases for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, and iPod touch. Simply enter the coupon code “AgentValentine” during checkout on the company’s website for a 40% discount. The code is valid until February 15, 2009.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?