Mix: Beatles iPod, ‘Sequence Shortened’, Sonic Boom, Fliq
In an effort to capitalize on demand for a Beatles iPod, which has not been offered by Apple despite years of rumors, Bloomingdales is currently offering a Limited Edition Collector’s Box Beatles iPod Set. The $795 package includes a black 120GB iPod classic with the Beatles’ logo etched on the front above the Click Wheel, and Abbey Road on the back. The set also includes 13 original Beatles CDs, two Masters albums, the “Love” album, and an engraved guitar pick, all encased in a custom box designed by Psycho Bunny. The package is limited to 2500 sets.
Apple has begun adding a small “Sequence Shortened” disclaimer to its latest iPhone television ads. Jason Fried of 37signals noticed the text in the new ad “Game Changer;” Apple has previously been sued in part over what some complain were misleading advertisements for the iPhone 3G, which showed faster than real-world performance.
Smule, the developer behind Sonic Lighter, a virtual lighter application for iPhone, has released Sonic Boom, a new virtual firecracker application for iPhone and iPod touch. Sonic Boom allows users to resize both the firecracker (or TNT) and fuse length, place pictures on the firecracker, explore the exploded debris and use a time bar to slow down or speed up an explosion. In addition, owners of Sonic Lighter can use that app running on a second iPhone or iPod touch to light the fuse in Sonic Boom, and as with Sonic Lighter, explosions created with Sonic Boom are mapped and recorded, allowing others to see where and when the app is being used. Sonic Boom is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Mark/Space, developer of well-known synchronization software The Missing Sync, has released its new Fliq application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Fliq is a social networking application that allows iPhone and iPod touch users to send photos and contacts to one another. “Fliq offers real-time social networking between friends in close proximity,” said Brian Hall, CEO of Mark/Space. “There’s no emailing, texting or instant messaging configurations to set because Fliq is a stand-alone app that allows users to sync up to share photos and contacts with anyone else on the same Wi-Fi network.” Fliq is now available as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0