Mix: Belkin, Incipio, Scosche, iPhone theft patent
Belkin has announced a slew of new cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano, second- and third-generation iPod touch, and iPod classic. The lineup includes the Grip Vue, Grip Pulse, FastFit, and Hue cases for iPod nano 5G and iPod touch 2G/3G, the Hand Band for iPod nano 5G, the Grip Ergo with Hand Strap, Halo, Cush, and Micra Flex for iPod touch 2G/3G, and the Grip Pulse Duo, Clear, Leather Sleeve with Clip, and Leather Folio for all three models. Belkin’s new line of cases is expected to be available in mid-September and sell for $20 to $30.
Incipio has introduced its new cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano and second- and third-generation iPod touch. The dermaSHOT for iPod nano 5G and iPod touch 2G/3G is made from an anti-static silicone shell, and offers a play-through design with open access to all ports and controls, as well as an included screen protector, cleaning cloth, and video stand. It sells for $15 for the iPod nano 5G and $13 for the iPod touch. Also new is the Incipio EDGE for iPod nano 5G, a high-density translucent polycarbonate case featuring a 50/50 sliding design, open access to all ports and controls, and an included screen protector, cleaning cloth, and video stand. Available in clear or smoke, it sells for $20.
Scosche has debuted its new kickBACK n5 and switchKASE n5 cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano. Both cases feature a hybrid rubber and polycarbonate design, with the kickBACK n5 featuring a clear center front portion and rubber on the sides and back, and the switchKASE n5 offering a mostly rubber front with similar amounts of rubber on the back. Other shared features include a hinged kickstand for watching videos, integrated traction nubs for added grip, and open access to all ports, controls, and the camera. The switchKASE n5 also includes a sport armband for use with the silicone skin. Both the kickBACK n5 and switchKASE n5 are available now and sell for $25 and $30, respectively.
A new Apple patent filing suggests the company is working on a system that would use the iPhone and iPod touch’s accelerometers to detect theft. Titled “Acceleration-Based Theft Detection System for Portable Electronic Devices,” the patent describes a system that would detect rapid movement and analyze it to determine whether or not it represented a possible theft. If so, the system could initiate an alarm, and would display
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?