Mix: Belkin, Incipio, Scosche, iPhone theft patent
Belkin has announced a slew of new cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano, second- and third-generation iPod touch, and iPod classic. The lineup includes the Grip Vue, Grip Pulse, FastFit, and Hue cases for iPod nano 5G and iPod touch 2G/3G, the Hand Band for iPod nano 5G, the Grip Ergo with Hand Strap, Halo, Cush, and Micra Flex for iPod touch 2G/3G, and the Grip Pulse Duo, Clear, Leather Sleeve with Clip, and Leather Folio for all three models. Belkin’s new line of cases is expected to be available in mid-September and sell for $20 to $30.
Incipio has introduced its new cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano and second- and third-generation iPod touch. The dermaSHOT for iPod nano 5G and iPod touch 2G/3G is made from an anti-static silicone shell, and offers a play-through design with open access to all ports and controls, as well as an included screen protector, cleaning cloth, and video stand. It sells for $15 for the iPod nano 5G and $13 for the iPod touch. Also new is the Incipio EDGE for iPod nano 5G, a high-density translucent polycarbonate case featuring a 50/50 sliding design, open access to all ports and controls, and an included screen protector, cleaning cloth, and video stand. Available in clear or smoke, it sells for $20.
Scosche has debuted its new kickBACK n5 and switchKASE n5 cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano. Both cases feature a hybrid rubber and polycarbonate design, with the kickBACK n5 featuring a clear center front portion and rubber on the sides and back, and the switchKASE n5 offering a mostly rubber front with similar amounts of rubber on the back. Other shared features include a hinged kickstand for watching videos, integrated traction nubs for added grip, and open access to all ports, controls, and the camera. The switchKASE n5 also includes a sport armband for use with the silicone skin. Both the kickBACK n5 and switchKASE n5 are available now and sell for $25 and $30, respectively.
A new Apple patent filing suggests the company is working on a system that would use the iPhone and iPod touch’s accelerometers to detect theft. Titled “Acceleration-Based Theft Detection System for Portable Electronic Devices,” the patent describes a system that would detect rapid movement and analyze it to determine whether or not it represented a possible theft. If so, the system could initiate an alarm, and would display
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- PureGear DualTek Extreme Shock Case, HIP Case+ and Slim Shell for iPhone 6
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More