Mix: Best Buy, Nano warning, Netcasts, My Sharona
Best Buy will launch a new digital music service with SanDisk and RealNetworks in the latest effort to take on Apple’s iPod and iTunes. “Best Buy, the top U.S. consumer electronics retail chain, said it would use Real’s Rhapsody subscription service. The service is designed to work hand-in-hand with the new line of SanDisk Sansa e200R Rhapsody digital music players.”
The Register has noticed a small warning about iPod nano discoloration. According to the fine print on the second-generation iPod nano’s packaging, “Like a fine pair of jeans, iPod nano colors may vary and change over time.” Apple had similar warnings when the iPod mini was introduced.
Tech broadcaster Leo Laporte believes Apple’s iTunes “was the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened for podcasters.” Laporte wants to change the name of podcasts to “netcasts” and is spending $30K to trademark the name. “The name ‘podcast’ communicates that you need an iPod to listen. When in, fact, you don’t.”
Rock band The Knack has sued several digital music services, including Apple, Yahoo and Amazon, for selling copies of Run DMC’s song “It’s Tricky,” which contains an unauthorized sample of The Knack’s “My Sharona.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?