Mix: Billionaires, iPod arcade, 2006 SXSW, CD sales
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is the 140th richest person in the world, according to Forbes’ annual list of billionaires. Jobs’ net worth now stands at $4.4 billion.
Following the release of the iPodMame software, an iPod nano owner has built a 5-inch arcade cabinet replica that houses his nano when playing Pac-Man.
CitizenPod has released a free 2006 SXSW ClickGuide for iPods. “Download the guide and you will have panels, bands, films, and nighttime events, all on your iPod and at your fingertips.”
Some music industry executives feel that releasing an artist’s single on iTunes and other online music stores is hurting sales of CDs, and may move to hold off on early digital distribution.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?