Mix: BIMA award, pre-loaded iPod, iPod mini clone, NaviPod
The iPod was honored for the second consecutive year at the BIMA (British Interactive Media Association) Awards. It picked up the Experts’ Choice award, designed to recognize “products, services or initiatives that have influenced the digital sector in the past 12 months.”
After buying a colleague’s iPod still loaded with 3,000 songs, John Schwartz of The New York Times says that he now knows his co-worker better than ever.
Micromaxx is selling an iPod mini knockoff in Germany. “It’s probably just a matter of time until Apple has the lawyers saddling up and ready to ride,” notes Engadget.
One iPod owner has posted photos and detailed captions of his installation of the NaviPod wireless remote control for hands-free iPod navigation in his car.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?