Mix: Blade, iPod My Photo, Gephardt, iTunes.co.uk | iLounge News

Mix: Blade, iPod My Photo, Gephardt, iTunes.co.uk

The female lead in the new Blade: Trinity movie relies on her iPod when fighting vampires, according to a video on the film’s new music Web site, Music To Slay By.

iPod My Photo is a new service that transforms any of your digital photos into an image identical to Apple’s silhouette ads for $19.95.

Missouri congressman and former Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt loves his iPod and says he listens to both Nelly and Eminem.

Apple is in a battle with the owner of the iTunes.co.uk domain name. The owner claims to have registered it before Apple was granted a trademark.

« TransPod compatible with iPod photo

White leather iAlbea case debuts »

Comments

The guy had the iTunes first. Apple should pay him big bucks if they want it.

And at the same time, the guy could be in trouble for using iPods etc. on his site to cash in on Apple’s brand. But NOT for simply having the domain, if he’s really been using it for 4 years and prior to Apple’s trademark.

Some of those iPod-ad photos are funny:

(Now try that with video!)

Posted by Nagromme on December 7, 2004 at 11:58 AM (CST)

I’ve read that these ipod ads are really easy to make.  Has anyone made one on their own?  I suck at photoshop, but I want to make my wife into one of the ipod ads for a Christmas gift.  Any ideas?

Posted by calvinkronenberg in usa on December 7, 2004 at 2:02 PM (CST)

I saw this Blog with a how to make your own ipod ad - I’m afraid my picture might turn out like the one he did of Duncan Hunter.

Posted by calvinkronenberg in usa on December 7, 2004 at 3:56 PM (CST)

dude - i just spent the past hour trying to mimic the ipod ad with my own picture—bottom line: it aint worth it!  my picture looks like crap. If you are serious about doing this, this website might be the way to go after all.  just my 2 cents.

Posted by Bill Timerack in Texas on December 7, 2004 at 8:42 PM (CST)

I did it for my college paper, and while it does take a little bit of time, i’d say it didn’t turn out half bad. This image is just a screen grab of a PDF, but it shows what it basically looked like. I even changed the hair since four of the people in the image are on staff (last minute idea).

If people are that interested in how I did, what problems I came across and how I fixed it, drop me an email. i’d be glad to help you out.

there are a few tutorials online already.

This one is okay, but I did it differently.

Posted by sereshacer in ithaca on December 7, 2004 at 10:53 PM (CST)

I’m not surprised people are trying to make money off this.  For the record, my friend and I made some of our own this summer (http://www.umich.edu/~jbrons/idrop.jpg)

It’s just layer masks and opacities, folks.  For the shadow you just play with the perspective and throw a gradient on it.

Posted by Buttercup on December 7, 2004 at 11:48 PM (CST)

Thanks for all the tips- the pictures you guys made look good.  I broke down and bought one from ipodmyphoto.  I am going to try it anyway, but I need this one to look perfect.

Posted by calvinkronenberg in usa on December 8, 2004 at 11:50 AM (CST)