Mix: Blog It, iPopmybaby, Music apps, ZAGG contest
Published: Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Six Apart has introduced its new Blog It for iPhone web-based blogging application. Blog It allows users to post blog entries or status updates directly from the iPhone to more than a dozen different online services, including Blogger, Facebook, FriendFeed, Jaiku, LiveJournal, Movable Type, Pownce, Tumblr, Twitter, TypePad Vox, WordPress.com, and WordPress.org. Users can login using an OpenID or Yahoo! account at blogit.typepad.com.
After more than three years of operation, iPod- and iPhone-themed gift retailer ipopmybaby is now for sale. Sale of the business will include a complete inventory of over 1000 units of first quality printed shirts, a customer list of over 6000 people, supplier contacts, existing retailer and wholesale distribution relationships, conveyed rights to custom designs and artwork, and more, as well as the domains ipodmybaby.com, ipopmybaby.com, iphonemybaby.com, and popmybaby.com. The business is currently being auctioned off on eBay; bidding starts at $19,000.
Electronic music site Beatportal has posted a roundup of native music applications currently in development for the iPhone and iPod touch. Featured in the roundup are MooCowMusic’s Band, which was spotlighted during Apple’s recent WWDC keynote address, IR-909, an iPhone drum machine inspired by the Roland TR-909, iPhone Synth, a TB-303-like synth-plus-sequencer, Pocket Guitar, drum machine app BeatPhone, MixMeister Scratch, a scratching tool, and MPC500, a beat application inspired by the Akai product of the same name.
ZAGG is holding a Digital Obsession Video Contest, and is offering a free invisibleSHIELD to the first 100 people to enter the contest. To enter, users should create a short video showing their love for their favorite digital device, upload it to a major video sharing service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and fill out a simple form on ZAGG’s website. The Grand Prize is an iPhone 3G with an invisibleSHIELD pre-installed. ZAGG’s Digital Obsession Video Contest runs through June 30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone