Mix: Blog It, iPopmybaby, Music apps, ZAGG contest
Six Apart has introduced its new Blog It for iPhone web-based blogging application. Blog It allows users to post blog entries or status updates directly from the iPhone to more than a dozen different online services, including Blogger, Facebook, FriendFeed, Jaiku, LiveJournal, Movable Type, Pownce, Tumblr, Twitter, TypePad Vox, WordPress.com, and WordPress.org. Users can login using an OpenID or Yahoo! account at blogit.typepad.com.
After more than three years of operation, iPod- and iPhone-themed gift retailer ipopmybaby is now for sale. Sale of the business will include a complete inventory of over 1000 units of first quality printed shirts, a customer list of over 6000 people, supplier contacts, existing retailer and wholesale distribution relationships, conveyed rights to custom designs and artwork, and more, as well as the domains ipodmybaby.com, ipopmybaby.com, iphonemybaby.com, and popmybaby.com. The business is currently being auctioned off on eBay; bidding starts at $19,000.
Electronic music site Beatportal has posted a roundup of native music applications currently in development for the iPhone and iPod touch. Featured in the roundup are MooCowMusic’s Band, which was spotlighted during Apple’s recent WWDC keynote address, IR-909, an iPhone drum machine inspired by the Roland TR-909, iPhone Synth, a TB-303-like synth-plus-sequencer, Pocket Guitar, drum machine app BeatPhone, MixMeister Scratch, a scratching tool, and MPC500, a beat application inspired by the Akai product of the same name.
ZAGG is holding a Digital Obsession Video Contest, and is offering a free invisibleSHIELD to the first 100 people to enter the contest. To enter, users should create a short video showing their love for their favorite digital device, upload it to a major video sharing service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and fill out a simple form on ZAGG’s website. The Grand Prize is an iPhone 3G with an invisibleSHIELD pre-installed. ZAGG’s Digital Obsession Video Contest runs through June 30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today