Mix: Blog It, iPopmybaby, Music apps, ZAGG contest
Six Apart has introduced its new Blog It for iPhone web-based blogging application. Blog It allows users to post blog entries or status updates directly from the iPhone to more than a dozen different online services, including Blogger, Facebook, FriendFeed, Jaiku, LiveJournal, Movable Type, Pownce, Tumblr, Twitter, TypePad Vox, WordPress.com, and WordPress.org. Users can login using an OpenID or Yahoo! account at blogit.typepad.com.
After more than three years of operation, iPod- and iPhone-themed gift retailer ipopmybaby is now for sale. Sale of the business will include a complete inventory of over 1000 units of first quality printed shirts, a customer list of over 6000 people, supplier contacts, existing retailer and wholesale distribution relationships, conveyed rights to custom designs and artwork, and more, as well as the domains ipodmybaby.com, ipopmybaby.com, iphonemybaby.com, and popmybaby.com. The business is currently being auctioned off on eBay; bidding starts at $19,000.
Electronic music site Beatportal has posted a roundup of native music applications currently in development for the iPhone and iPod touch. Featured in the roundup are MooCowMusic’s Band, which was spotlighted during Apple’s recent WWDC keynote address, IR-909, an iPhone drum machine inspired by the Roland TR-909, iPhone Synth, a TB-303-like synth-plus-sequencer, Pocket Guitar, drum machine app BeatPhone, MixMeister Scratch, a scratching tool, and MPC500, a beat application inspired by the Akai product of the same name.
ZAGG is holding a Digital Obsession Video Contest, and is offering a free invisibleSHIELD to the first 100 people to enter the contest. To enter, users should create a short video showing their love for their favorite digital device, upload it to a major video sharing service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and fill out a simple form on ZAGG’s website. The Grand Prize is an iPhone 3G with an invisibleSHIELD pre-installed. ZAGG’s Digital Obsession Video Contest runs through June 30.
- Apple TV App Store now removes installed apps from Top Charts
- Apple to push ‘new’ iPhone cycle from two to three years?
- Apple sued by Caltech over Wi-Fi patents
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used iPhones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)