Mix: Braeburn Capital, Apple Store, iPod etiquette, iPad housing
Apple has incorporated Braeburn Capital, an asset management company based in Reno, Nevada. “Braeburn—named for a variety of apple that’s uniquely sweet and tart—will be a vehicle for managing Apple’s investment portfolio. By incorporating in Nevada, Apple will be shielded from certain taxes imposed by the state of California.”
Apple is offering $10 off an order of $100 or more at the online Apple Store. To receive the discount, enter the promotion code MJN23NGDBF when you check out. The deal will expire April 22, 2006.
TechNewsWorld has an article on iPod etiquette: “As iPod digital portable music players continue to be the pop-culture symbol for concentration and cool, people all across the area are shuffling to define MP3 manners. Wear an iPod during high school geometry? Rude. Take one ear bud out when a flight attendant is taking your drink order? Tolerated. Keep it on at work? It all depends.”
The UK’s Telegraph newspaper has a story on iPod-influenced housing: “With names such as iPad and i-Life, the next generation of starter homes aims to be cutting edge as well as compact. But will it solve the problem of affordable housing?” [via Cult of Mac]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards