Mix: Braeburn Capital, Apple Store, iPod etiquette, iPad housing
Apple has incorporated Braeburn Capital, an asset management company based in Reno, Nevada. “Braeburn—named for a variety of apple that’s uniquely sweet and tart—will be a vehicle for managing Apple’s investment portfolio. By incorporating in Nevada, Apple will be shielded from certain taxes imposed by the state of California.”
Apple is offering $10 off an order of $100 or more at the online Apple Store. To receive the discount, enter the promotion code MJN23NGDBF when you check out. The deal will expire April 22, 2006.
TechNewsWorld has an article on iPod etiquette: “As iPod digital portable music players continue to be the pop-culture symbol for concentration and cool, people all across the area are shuffling to define MP3 manners. Wear an iPod during high school geometry? Rude. Take one ear bud out when a flight attendant is taking your drink order? Tolerated. Keep it on at work? It all depends.”
The UK’s Telegraph newspaper has a story on iPod-influenced housing: “With names such as iPad and i-Life, the next generation of starter homes aims to be cutting edge as well as compact. But will it solve the problem of affordable housing?” [via Cult of Mac]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?